Sunday 30 May 2010

Strapless Heart Rate Monitor - strapless heart rate monitor, watches


This watch is loaded with features: It accurately measures out your heart rate, it calculates how many calories you've burned through exercise, it's a full-function stop watch, you can even imput how many calories you've consumed and will sound an alarm when you've exceded your daily limit. I've had mine for two years and the only thing I had to do was change the battery. Mio Classic Select Heart Rate Monitor Watch

I've been using this monitor with TurboFire/Chalean Extreme and similar cardio workouts for close to a year. I read some of the other reviews about how it's hard to get a reading while actively jogging, etc. That could be true. I usually check my heart rate at natural breaks during my workout, where I'm transitioning from one move to another. For that type workout, it gets a read quickly and accurately - at least, it's a consistent reading based on how I feel. I'm actually addicted to using the monitor and don't enjoy my workouts as much without it. Guess I like getting feedback about how hard I'm working or something.



Cons: it is bulky and not exactly attractive. But I'm sweaty and not exactly attractive when I'm wearing it, right????



Bottom line, luv it...luv it!

Overall, this heart rate monitor watch was a big disappointment. As for accuracy, the monitor was pretty close to the heart rate monitors on the treadmills at the gym. The problem with this monitor is that it works very inconsistently. Sometimes, it will give a reading in a matter of seconds. Most times, however, the little heart icon will flash as if it is taking a reading but it never actually displays one. If you keep the button pushed down long enough with no results displayed, it reverts back to the clock. One evening, I spent a good hour pressing and repressing the heart monitor button and never did get a result. Would recommend NOT buying this item.

1) Accurate heart rate (concurred with machine heart rate monitors) 2)Inexpensive 3) Acceptably comfortable .

I've read some of the other reviews and one in particular helped me to get an accurate heart rate every time. The keys are to use the pads of your fingers, not the tips, and also to make sure that there is contact between the metal battery cover and the top of your wrist while taking a reading. Even when running at a good pace I get an accurate heart rate. So far so good ... had it about a month now.

My new watch is really a hi-tech item. It adds all your daily calories, and then subtracts them as you exercise, which gives you a running total of your calorie expenditure. Doubling as a heart rate monitor, you can check your heart rate as you exercise. I am very pleased with this item.

I bought this watch about three weeks ago, and it's a fairly good watch. However, it doesn't give the most accurate readings (compared to those that have the separate chest strap). Also, it's a bit bulky, but I got used to it. For the price, I'm pleased with my purchase!

Not having a bulky chest belt seemed like a great idea, unless you want to know what your heart rate is. The MIO unit said 64, 128, 192, etc. It is so inaccurate as to be useless. This is my first review because I want to help someone else avoid wasting their money and adding stress to their excersize routine. - Watches - Strapless Heart Rate Monitor - Heart Rate Monitor Watch - Heart Rate Monitor'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information