Friday 28 May 2010

Monitor Stand - 2009 amazon frustration-fre, lcd monitor stand


If you own a laptop and use an external LCD monitor or you are just looking to sneak some small peripherals or desk accessories beneath your monitor or an inkjet printer, look no further. The MetalArt Jr. is a classy alternative to molded plastic stands intended for beafier CRT monitors. I ordered the product to use as a stand for a 17" LCD monitor. Not only does it raise the monitor to the ideal height, but it is spaced perfectly to store my IBM T40 laptop and docking station neatly beneath. The perforated metal at the top of the stand allows air to flow freely and keeps both the laptop and monitor cool.The description doesn't give the dimensions of the stand, which are very important since its size is not traditional, so I'll list them here (from the manufacturer): 11" x 15" x 4.5". Allsop 27021 Metal Art Jr Monitor Stand (Pewter)

This is a terrific (and relatively inexpensive) monitor stand, particularly if your desk space is limited; the design allows things to be slid under it. However, Amazon's photo is slightly misleading. The stand is not a silver color (or "pewter" as the item description says); it's a light gray-green.

The Allsop MetalArt Jr. is an amazing laptop stand, especially considering how low the price is compared to many other laptop stands. ($50+ for a piece of bent metal? No thank you.)



I use this in conjunction with my MacBook connected to a keyboard and mouse for when I'm at my desk. Not only does it put the MacBook's screen at a more comfortable level, but it also has plenty of room underneath for tape dispensers, staplers, books, or even an external hard drive.



It's very well built and sturdy, and my MacBook has been running between 4-5ยบ C cooler, which, for a notebook, is quite a substantial amount of heat dissipation. The stand is a stylish gunmetal gray, and is sure to make any desk-bound notebook computing much more bearable.

Ugh. Just got this in the mail from Amazon. As another reviewer mentioned, it is NOT chrome-plated or even painted silver. It is sort of baby-poop green. It will not match your monitor, keyboard, etc. unless painted.



Even worse, it is NOT FLAT. I put my wide-screen LCD on it, and the weight does not appear to be an issue, but since the monitor has a wide, round base and the metal of the stand is bowed, it wobbles from side to side.



Bottom line: it doesn't meet the basic quality criteria for a monitor stand. I will not be buying any more products from Mr. Allsop.

I bought this stand to support my 15" laptop. What's important is that there is room on the underneath sides for your hand(s) to slide over and quickly grab a mouse/tablet/pen. In other words, there are no front legs to get in your way; just really long feet, FTW. With this stand I can fit my small (Happy Hacking) keyboard right under my laptop, between the feet. Unfortunately, this stand is pretty short, ~3". So hands barely fit on keyboard sitting underneath. However, the metal is just pliable enough that, with all my strength, I was able to bend the legs down ~2". Now I have 5" clearance for my hands, and the laptop (and screen) are at a more comfortable viewing height (with a dry-eraser propping the back to make level). It's also nice that now my unused laptop built-in keyboard can serve as a mini-table for documents or whatever.



This stand is probably strong enough to sit on, and I'm sure it's the cheapest you'll find for this purpose. And with a little man-handling it's adjustable to whatever size you need.

This works perfectly with my 17" flat screen monitor. It's exactly what I wanted. It's about 14.5 x 11 x 4.5. I would have bought the larger size for a larger space, but this is great with the small space I have to work in.

I bought this stand for my monitor, with the intention of putting my laptop beneath. I works great for this. My Macbook is a 13 in (space beneath is ~14'' (btwn the legs) by 10''--in case you're wondering; but your laptop could always stick out a little in front or behind). Some reviewers didn't like the color; it's not silver, more of a grey-olivey color, but it doesn't look bad by any means. (I think it just depends upon what you're expecting.) It's very stable, doesn't move or wiggle around, even if I bump my desk (which I do often). I like it very much and would recommend it to others. My computer gets plenty of circulation. Plus you can't beat the price.

I found this stand to be both very sturdy -- I haven't detected any wobbling whatsoever and I'm a fairly 'aggressive' keyboardist -- and of a perfect size/height to support + raise my Dell 21" flat panel. It's true, as others have noted, that the color has a very slight greenish cast to it, but nowhere near so noticeable as to be considered "baby-puke-green" or "canteen-colored." At least, not the one I just received a few weeks ago.



The space beneath, between the Allsop's legs, is 13-3/8" wide, enough to accommodate my 15" HP ProBook (which is 13-1/4" wide), but my 17" Dell Studio laptop has to rest on top of the legs. However, I have to put a 1/4" to 1/2" thick catalog underneath the 15" laptop, so that the USB ports along the left & right sides can be used without risking the connections being bent or stressed. If I didn't raise the laptop up like that, the Allsop's legs would prevent me from safely connecting anything to the USB ports. But, if you have a docking station, and all the connections are in the back of it, this may not be a problem.



For the price, this is definitely a great buy.

I got this so I could place my 20" LCD HDTV on top of my xbox 360. The space underneth is PERFECT for this use. The dimentions are just slightly bigger than the xbox by still enough to allow plenty of air flow.



It also is quite sturdy an could hold a fairly heavy TV or monitor.



As for looks, it rather simple and not going to "go with" many decores! But works great and I would highly recommend it! - Laptop Stand - Lcd Monitor Stand - Stands - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information