Friday 28 May 2010

Replacement Filter - replacement water filters, replacement filter


This is LG's discontinued 5231JA2006A, NOT the current 5231JA2006B. I replaced my older filter when this arrived from Amazon and it works, but the current version is an improvement over this one. The problem with this filter is the price they are demanding for a discontinued product. I paid way too much for this filter as it is inferior to the current item that is available on the market. Unfortunately, the vendor doesn't make it clear exactly which filter one is purchasing, since the current product's item number appears in parentheses here on Amazon (and, as I recall, on the vendor's website). I recommend finding the current filter and paying the few extra dollars as it is superior to this one.

After reading the debate here about the original "A" filter and the newer "B" filter, I called LG.



They stated there is absolutely no difference in the two filters, as far as performance and filtering capabilities.

5231JA2006B (or LG LT600P)is the newer and BETTER replacement filter for 5231JA2006A, and is only about $45. This seller is trying to make a killing selling the "original/old filter" to people who don't know any better. This older filter is only about $35 at most sites that still have it for sale.

I'm happy with this product and it was very easy to install. My water tastes GREAT!



The only negative thing I have to say about it is that I think it is a bit pricey but I think all water filters cost more than they are really worth.

The product came with instructions on the box and inside the box which made installing the filter very easy. I especially was grateful for the fast delivery which was delivered a day earlier then the estimated time frame.

When we bought our LG refrigerator 6 months ago, the salesman told me I could buy the replacement filters anywhere, (ie. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.), even the appliance store we bought it at. Well, when it came time for me to get one, I couldn't find it anywhere. The stores he mentioned did not carry it. The store we bought the refrigerator at is not conveniently close at all to my house. My husband was diagnosed with cancer in January so I'm limited on the amount of time I can be away from home. I was finally able to make it over to the appliance store, only to be told that "Oh...we're all out of stock on that one". I asked if he could take my name and number and call me when they come in because I really need it so he did and told me they should be in within a week. Not feeling real confident in his answer, I looked on Amazon and found the exact filter I needed and it was cheaper than what I would've paid at the appliance store. So, I went ahead and ordered it and received it and installed it a week later. I really needed this filter as my husband needs to stay hydrated after having chemo and I didn't want to be without filtered water for him. It was easy to install and works great. It's been over a month now and I still have not heard from the appliance store. Thank you for such great service Amazon!

I think it is funny to rate this product. It's just too simple a device.

It works like it's supposed to and very easy to install. Package very well to keep it sanitary during transit.

I hate my LG refrigerator because the ice maker leaks at the end of spigot used to fill the ice trays. - Replacement Water Filters - Replacement In-refrigerator Wate - Replacement Filter - Refrigerator Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information