Friday 28 May 2010

Wireless Speakers - affordable


Pluses:

1) Very simple to setup

2) Good battery life

3) Excellent signal range

4) Volume control / power button on each speaker

5) They look pretty cool



Minuses:

1) Occasionally the signal is interrupted by competing frequencies - depends on your area, but generally, this doesn't happen often enough to drive someone crazy

2) Sound is passable - you have to consider the price for the pair. I have a 5.1 Definitive Technology speaker setup at home, and obviously the sound from my house speakers and these are night and day. But if you want to hear music outdoors, and a have a nice portable setup that you can even take with you to your friend's BBQ, you can do much worse than these. Royal Machines 29298R WES 2000 900 MHz Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Speaker

Great little speakers didn't expect much got a little more. Note I ordered not really knowing how they are powered.

Well now I know. Speakers are dual power 1. 12v transformer or 2. 6 AA batteries.

Take any audio input mp3 iphone tv radio etc that has audio output. Works for me very happy with them.

I use this so I can listen to my MP3 player, CDs, and radio while in the shower. I plug the transmitter of this device into the headphones jack of a boom box, which gives me radio and CDs. I plug the MP3 player into the boom box using a Nexus One desktop cradle.



The sound quality is good, though a bit bass heavy. That's easily fixed using the controls on the boom box.



I found setup was very simple and everything worked without a hitch.

I just put in a new back yard and wanted some music, but didn't want to try to hide all the wires and hook up a bunch of stuff to my stero. This item is so simple and works so good. I think it is GREAT

I purchased these wireless speakers specifically for use with my Epson Moviemate 72 DVD projector (another awesome product!) for showing movies on a 4' x 8' screen on my outside patio. I was diligent in my research and anguished in making the final decision to purchase. As it turned out, this product works perfectly as I had hoped it would! Furthermore, I am not an audiophile/electronics guru in any way, shape or form but - I have taught instrumental music in public schools for years so I do have a trained ear. The sound quality and versatility for the money is outstanding. It took about 3 minutes to put in the batteries (six AA per speaker) and connect the wireless transmitter using the headphone jack on the projector and once done - instant success! NOTE: Be sure to adjust the channel (very simple) as needed if there is a competing frequency in your area to eliminate any distortion. If you are looking to extend your audio reach with great sound, no wires and super ease of use, you won't go wrong with this product. Enjoy!

These speakers turned out to be everything I'd hoped they'd be. Is sound quality "amazing"? Of course not, they cost ~$100. But for the price, the sound is better than I'd expected. In fact, if you plug both of them in, with the push of one button each will sense that the "other" is present to it's left or right and go into "stereo mode". Super easy.



These things pull out of the box and are ready to rock. No difficult assembly. No trouble tuning for a good signal/channel. The speakers can run off of batteries, but thus far I haven't tried them on batteries because I have AC Power on each side of my patio. They plug into standard AC power outlets and I have left-right stereo, no batteries needed.



I have another wireless stereo system built into my hot tub, but it has all sorts of problems maintaining a strong signal. If the lid of the tub lifted, or if a lot of foot traffic moved between it and the speakers, the music/radio/broadcast would often times cut out. Not these speakers. So far these guys have had very little interferece/hiccup issues with heavy traffic between the transmitter and the speaker. I'm very pleased. This also comes with all the "wires" you'll probably need to hook up to your devices to play through the speakers. A standard MP3 jack that will go into your MP3 player is built in to the transmitter, and it comes with a left-right stereo attachment that you can use if you want to take advantage of something like "audio out" on your HDTV or cable box.



They're light weight, smaller than I expected, and look pretty cool. I wish they were black, but I can deal with white. And for the money, sound quality is appropriate. Couple that with their light weight, easy use, reliable signal, and I'd highly recommend these to anyone looking for a simple, affordable, reliable solution for adding a little music to their deck/patio/backyard BBQ.

..my purpose for buying these...to listen to Pandora while I'm outside grilling (and most likely drinking)....i couldn't justify spending 300 for bose docking station plus i don't think you can stream pandora with the Bose (maybe thorough an iphone? which i don't own anyway)...these are good speakers, but I find the sound feels a little muffled...not overly so, but slightly muffled. The highs and lows aren't really separated, just kind of muffled together...kind of along the lines of what the other review said, the bass is a little heavy...i don't know if it's that the bass is too heavy or if the highs just aren't high enough. For a hundred bucks i wasn't expecting much and my needs were met, but i like more highs and less bass in my music so this speaker set is good but not great in my opinion. - Affordable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • affordable