Sunday 30 May 2010

Tv Mounts - home theater component shelf, audio-video shelving


I bought this unit after seeing the reviews of the OmniMount which looked very similar. Below are the steps I took to get a huge bundle of wires cleanly running through the cable channel (will post pics shortly):



1. Place the device on the glass and run the cables through the routing hole.

2. Align the device where it will sit.

3. Mark the cables running through the hole with a line across all of them to mark where they'll be tied together.

4. Remove device, repeat 2,3 for other devices on other platforms.

5. Route all of the cables as previously marked, zip-tie'ing them togther as they work up (or down) the back of the cable channel.



I have the following sitting on the platforms:



1. Mac Mini

2. Panasonic Blu-Ray player

3. HD Tivo



The Tivo is the only device which extends past the glass, however all feet remain on the surface.



Highly recommend this mount - I have 13 various cables going through the channel (coax, power, ethernet, optical audio, dvi), with a little bit more room left. Cheetah Mounts AS3S 3 Shelf Wall Mount Bracket for LCD, LED and Plasma TV with Cable Management System

This is quite possibly the most difficult assembly I have had to go through for a product. The main reason for the difficulty in assembly was because of the poor materials and lax tolerances used in manufacture. For example, there are these plastic spaces used to protect the glass shelves (which are a little too small if you have an Onkyo receiver) from the metal columns, that must be threaded through 2 rods. In my package, the holes in the plastic spacers were actually slightly smaller than required to thread them through the rods. If I tried to force the rods into the holes in the spacers, the spacers cracked due to poor quality plastic. I was left using a lighter to expand the holes to get the rods through. Then, once the rods were through, there are there is a cylindrical protrusion from the holes in the plastic that are supposed to line up with slots in the metal columns. Thats fine except for the space between the 2 holes in the plastic and the 2 slots in the metal columns were off, forcing the plastic pieces to occasionally buckle. Once you finish the assembly, this problem goes away because everything gets tightened together. But honestly, assembly would have been much much much easier if more care in engineering and manufacture were taken. Once the thing was put together, I was pretty happy with it, thats why I give 4 stars to the finished product but 1-2 for assembly and fit and finish.

I ordered This Mount on 01/111 with 2nd day shipping because my birthday was on 01/14/11 so I wanted to have this ready for my birthday, package came on time, but 1 of the parts was missing 1 Metal rod. so I called cheeetah Mounts to complaint about this and asked to send me the missing metal Rod Overnight, because i have mu birthday on friday, they did it and ship it overnight THANKS A LOT i was able to installed Friday afternoon, installation was very easy and final result was great you can see the picture uploaded here mine is the TV on orange wall

I am overall very happy with this product. It's very well built, all aluminum column and thick glass shelves. It's a very sturdy product.



The assembly was quick and easy, took all of 10 minutes before I was ready to start mounting. As other reviewers stated you do need a second person. I could have attempted it alone but it would have surely been frustrating trying to hold the all three shelves steady and screw the rod together would be quite a task. Mounting on the wall was straight forward but again required two people, one to hold and one to secure the shelf to the wall mount.



My receiver barley fits on the self like some other reviews i read. It's a standard Dolby digital 5.1 standalone receiver. about 3 years old. The feet are on it completely so that's all that really matters i guess. I don't know that I would want the selves much larger, they stick out from the wall quite a bit as it is.



I have a receiver, DirecTV HD DVR, PS3 and a Wii on the shelf system and they fit nicely with all the cables running through the cable management channel with room to spare. I think there is enough room left to squeeze even a power plug through there with a little work. My cable count is 2x HDMI (FLAT), 1x Optical, 1x Coax Audio, 6x standard gauge speaker wire, 1x Coax Satellite cable, 1x Wii component cable, 4x power cords for each of the 4 devices.



Also one other thing, I bought this to mount next to my TV on the wall not under it. I was worried that it would look funny since the TV is supposed to cover the top, but since I have a ledge around my basement wall I can't mount it below the TV. It looks quite nice as a stand alone wall shelf just to the left.



All in all i'm a happy customer! - Audio-video Shelving - Home Theater Wall Mount - Home Theater Component Shelf - Wall Mounted'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information