Saturday 29 May 2010

Camera Strap - hand strap, wrist strap


Much cheaper than Name brand solutions and surprisingly well constructed. Much cheaper than a name brand solution. If you have been looking for a hand strap but don't want to pay the canon prices get it you won't be sorry. The pad does not have any kind of logo on it so it looks professional. CowboyStudio Hand Wrist Grip Strap for Digital & Film SLR Cameras Canon Nikon

I have two Canon Rebel EOS 450 XSi cameras so I purchased two Cowboy Studio Hand Wrist Grip Straps. Ordering from SUPER DEAL in Brooklyn, NY on Tuesday, the order arrived here in Oregon SUPER DEAL fast - Friday morning. Wow! I guess that is why shipping was a little high priced. Still, two of these hand straps at around $10.00 total (delivered to my door) is a GREAT BARGAIN.



I have added the extra battery and extended external hand grip to both cameras. I was worried that the Battery Grips would make the straps too short to fit. Na, they are sufficiently adjustable to easily fit even this set-up - even with my fairly large hands.



I took off my neck straps and easily replaced them with the Hand Strap Grips. If you want to have both on your camera at the same time, maybe you should order the one made by OPTICA. Personally, I hate the neck strap that came with my Canon cameras. It advertises my presence as a photographer with an expensive camera that is visible from quite a distance. I like to get candid pictures when I first arrive most places and the neck strap often makes that impossible. Also, I do not particularly want to advertise the existence of my camera to the local growing population of the homeless and desperate. Then there is the annoyance; when I use the neck strap the camera will bounce off my body as I walk - unless I hold it with one of my hands. With the Hand Wrist Strap the camera is actually safer than bouncing around as I go thorough doors, underbrush, etc. And it's a lot less tiring.



The wrist straps I received are very well made and adjustable to fit perfectly. I wouldn't trade them, not even for the expensive ones that are Canon's own brand. (Theirs was criticized a lot by reviewers.)

As mentioned several times by earlier reviewers, this product is so small as to barely cover one's knuckles. The pictured produce infers that it is a "wrist grip," however the actual product is so narrow as to be barely restrained by one's knuckles. Even then, the product tends to slip from the knuckles due to the weight of the DSLR (in the instant case, a Canon T2i), which at times almost caused me to lose grip and drop my DSLR. I immediately removed the product to avert the strong possibility of accidental damage to my camera. This item is probably more suited to use with a small point-and-shoot camera...utilized by someone with small (very small) hands. I truly feel cheated in this purchase.

I bought this CowboyStudio Hand Wrist Grip Strap ship & sold by Amazon and have to return it due to lots of CONS:

- It is not made from leather but from a very cheap material.

- The image on the package does not match with the strap itself.

- The strap does have JJC logo on it. It does not blank like other reviewer said.

- The strap has many design flaws: The connector is right at the knuckle and it hurts my hand no matter how I adjust the string. In addition, the supporting pad lifts up when you wear the strap. It does not support the backhand at all. In summary, do yourself a favor and find another product.

I have a Canon Powershot IS20 and thought a comfortable wrist strap might be more useful than the neck strap. Unfortunately, the strap fits more over my knuckles and fingers than my hand so it doesn't feel very secure. I might incorporate it into a fingerless glove to see if that feels better.

Product was what I expected. Received reasonably quickly. It does what I wanted it to do, mainly protect an expensive peice of equipment from falling out of my grip. I thought the mailing costs were extreem in view of the reasonable price of the product.

The padding doesn't sit well on your hand. seems like the should have angled the stitching differently so that it sits snug against your hand.



The connector on the bottom is kinda bulky and adds nearly an inch to the height of the camera.



could use a place to clip on a neck strap as needed.



It was worth money though and was more comfortable than wrapping my neck strap around my wrist.

it's made out of cheap plastic, and you have to take it off to use a tripod, or change the battery.

I took it off, and I am not going to be using it!

it's not the one they show in the picture, they shipped me a ZEIKOS

it says Professional on the package, but it is far from a Professional Photographer they are talking about.

the pad between it and the camera fell off after only a few days, and the tripod mount screw doesn't ever get tight, or stay tight no matter what I've tried, don't waste your money on this cheap thing! - Camera Grip - Wrist Strap - Strap - Hand Strap'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information