Friday 28 May 2010

Canon Paper - canon photo paper, excellent value


I purchased this paper to give it a try on my Pixma Pro 9000 printer. I generally don't like photos printed on glossy paper as I prefer a semi gloss or lustre finish. I print a lot of 13 x 19 photos. Anyhow I printed out some wildlife pictures shot in Africa and was blown away by both the depth of the color and the sharpness of the images. I wish I could show you a sample of the output as a picture is worth a thousand words in this situation. I can highly recommend this paper for the pixma pro 9000. I can't speak to how it might perform on other printers as I haven't tried it on any others but on the pro 9000 I would have to give it an A+. Yes, it is expensive $$$, but if the output is important enough it's worth the price. Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum, 13 x 19 Inches, 10 Sheets (2768B018)

The Pro Platinum paper is extraordinary. Paired with a Pixma Pro 9000, it produces stunning art-quality prints.



It is A++.



One caveat however -- this paper is probably overkill on a "standard" inkjet printer and probably a waste of money. Go with Glossy II paper for a normal printer I think.



One other note -- the real cost of printing is INK, not paper, even at this level of quality. Act accordingly.

This paper brings out remarkable detail in my photographs. The print outs from my Canon Pro9000 Mark II on Canon Photo Paper Plus have been excellent and superior to what I have had come out on Epson and HP papers on their respective printers. Platinum Paper Pro brings out an astonishing level of detail compared side by side to Canon Photo Paper Plus.

I am a photographer that sells my prints and I use this paper and I love it! I use it with my Canon 9000. People who see how they turn out love them. These are a great price too! I highly recomment this brand of paper.



The only thing about this paper I wish I could find it in 5 x 7.

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 MK II. Up until now, my output has been on Canon Photorag paper. I bough this to see how the output would do with a glossy paper..... I was blown away!!!! The photos almost jump off the paper!! The colors are amazing!!! The black and white photos are contrasty and accurate! This paper will deliver fantastic output. You will not be disappointed!!!

Excellent paper. with canons canned icc color profiles and a properly calibrated monitor, I am able to come within 95 percent of what I am seeing on my monitor. btw, my printer is a canon pro pixma 9500 mark ii. I am printing entertainment concept design art that I painted using photoshop and corel painter. I found that using this paper provides the right degree of "pop" and vividness. It is totally appropriate for what I am printing. Before, I had tried canons photo rag fine art paper, and found it to be unacceptable, due largely to the color of the paper (which is a darker warmer white). The pro platinum paper is a bright cool white. I might think twice about using it however if I was using it to make gallery exhibition prints due to gloss reflectivity. This is an area where the matte photo rag paper would excel. However, the gloss reflectivity is precisely why the colors and values work so well under good and proper lighting (ie, flourescent light and sunlight). There are always many variables to consider when presenting artwork.



Be careful when handling this paper! It loves fingerprints....permanently. Wear latex gloves, or handle it by the edges. A carefully engineered paper needs to be carefully handled. With this paper, after printing, I recommend letting it stand and cure in a safe dust free zone (like an empty drawer) for 24-48 hours. when its dry, put it inside an inexpensive plastic mummy bag until you know exactly what you are going to do with it. Enjoy! - Canon Photo Paper - Excellent Value - Canon Paper - Pro9000'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information