Monday 31 May 2010

Dvd Recorder - dvd writer, lightscribe


I have had this drive for a little over a month now. I have burned over 40 DVD's and 20 CD's. I have only had a couple projects that failed. Both on lower quality Memorex discs. Never while using Verbatum discs. It is faster than my internal Super Drive on my 1 year old Gateway laptop. The internal drive had tons of trouble with DL DVD's and regular problems with any other type of media, were the LG just seems to burn through them with no trouble. (As long as quality media is used). DVD's burned on my internal drive would not allways play on my DVD player, or would pixalize regularly from poor burning. With the LG I have not had any trouble with that at all. I am VERY happy with the quality of this drive. For the price, you can't beat it. It also does a good job on Lightscrbe discs. Very good contrast compared to my internal drive. As a side note, I did not use the supplied software. I use Roxio Creator 2009 for burning, and Sure Thing for labeling. I find supplied software lacking in all cases, and would rather spend a few bucks on software I like. LG Electronics GE20LU10 20X LightScribe SecurDisc DVD+/-RW External Drive (Black)

For those wondering this does work with Windows XP & Windows 7. Opens and closes smoothly. Burns Cds & DVDs fast & perfectly. Takes 5 seconds for the Windows to actknowledge it. No extra software needed to operate this. No CD-ROM or download needed. Just a simple plug n play device. Doesnt come with any dvd editing software thou. Mine came with the power cord but not with the USB cable. Other than that I'm very satisfied with this!!!!!

I got the LG LightScribe external CD burner because we had to produce 150 CDs for a conference, and we weren't sure our laptop could handle that. The LightScribe technology was a new thing to me, but sounded promising. I did realize ahead of time that the label would be grayscale rather than any color, but to us the advantage of not messing with paper labels or a messy hand-marked CD was worth it. We had to go and find the software for the design of the laser-produced label, but that was quite easy. The result - our man burned labels on 150 CDs over 2 days (it took about 6 minutes or more per CD), then for another day and a half, did the content burning. It turned out that it took less time to do the actual content copying than to do the labels! We did use Verbatim disks, since they seemed to be recommended more, and had no problem with them. The only slight disadvantage was that the burner was a bit bigger than I expected, after being used to the very miniature CD burner in my laptop. It is about the size of a medium Bible, for those who can relate to that. But still, not bad. And we still have it for future use.

I got this when my laptop's DVD drive failed. This connects via a USB Cable to your PC and is easily recognizable on both Vista and Windows 7 (even on XP!). Drivers installed without a hitch and I was burning within 2 minutes!

Just got this burner in the mail yesterday, already burned 5 dvd's from my external hard drive onto disc, each taking about 5 minutes to copy. Superfast compared to my last internal burner which took about 45 minutes per movie.

Comes with several different software programs.



It should be noted or those who don't know, Lightscribe software is NOT included on the enclosed software disc. It is free to download on many Lightscribe websites though.



So far, no problems. Great looking drive, and super fast!

I love my LG Lightscribe. I've had it for a couple of years now. I've lightscribed and then burned approximately 400 DVDs and it is still performing like the day I bought it. It's plug and play right out of the box and I have not found any software that doesn't work with it. I feel I've already got my money's worth on this one.

I put a lot of faith in Amazon customer's reviews of products I am looking for. So when I needed a new DVD Drive for my aging laptop,I looked here first. I decided to give this unit a try. Could't be happier about the overall simple setup and compatability of this unit. Just plug+play,let the drivers get recognized by your P.C.,and your all set! It's that easy. Does everything well. A+ Product.

I bought this burner because I didn't want to use the one in my macbook. It stated on the box that it is Mac Compatible. IT IS NOT. Do not buy this if you are looking for a Mac Compatible burner. There is no support or drivers for mac on the website.

I bought this writer because I needed an external drive. The box says it is macable. Even though I have gotten the drive to work. It will not burn more then 2X.

After a long drawn out ordeal with General Electric. They have informed me that this drive along with any other products the make are not macable. They do

not support mac. They rely on the fact that a usb is usb. If you use mac do not buy this drive?

Purchased the LG Model GE20LU11 after reading the a review that indicated that the unit does work with XP and Windows 7. When the unit was delivered and I tried to install the included software on my Windows 7 computer it was a surprise to find the software was only for XP. Visted the LG site and found that there is no drivers or software for this unit that works with windows 7.

The unit does work with 7, but does not have all of the features the included sodtware provided. Not good. - Lightscribe - Dvd Writer - Dual Layer - Dvd Burner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information