Sunday 30 May 2010

Kindle 2 Wall Charger - wall charger, kindle


Great charger, exactly what I was looking for. I needed a second charger so I thought I would give it a try ... it charges faster than the original Amazon charger! I ran the battery down to a half charge than timed how fast it would fully charge the Kindle. I tested it several times and the Gomadic charged quicker every time. Works as advertised and they offer a lifetime warranty! Rapid Wall Home AC Charger for the Amazon Kindle 2nd & Latest Generation / Kindle DX ( aka Wi-Fi Free 3G 6 in. 9.7 in. )

My first Kindle came with an adapter to allow plugging in the usb cord to a wall outlet. When it died a week later I had to return it, and the replacement Kindle did not have this adapter. When this second Kindle died a week later as well I found that the third Kindle also did not have the attachment. This power cord works great, although I don't have a basis to say whether it is 'faster' charging than the Kindle wall outlet adapter, but it is faster than simple usb charging.

When I was in need of a replacement charger for my 2nd generation Kindle, I was a bit leery of trying a brand that was not, to my knowledge, connected to the Kindle. But I was also getting rather desperate to get to reading again and the charger I had had to be taped in place to make the connection work for the recharging. So, I took a risk on this rapid wall charger. Wow! Does it ever do the job! I was leased with the snug fit for the USB-style plug-in to the Kindle itself...no forcing, no wobble...just plainly a perfect fit. Then after just an hour or two, my Kindle is all ready to go another week or more! For me and this particular Kindle, this was a better match than the original charger. If I came to this need again, I would not hesitate to purchase this product again.

Since you can continue to use your Kindle while it charges, it would have been nice to have a longer cord. The one provided will barely reach from a wall outlet to your lap while sitting in a nearby chair - and that depends on the layout of your furniture! I like the fact that the plugs rotate into the charger housing when not in use, making it easier to store/pack.

Very impressive product, worked well, very compact and easy to pack when travelling. Would have appreciated interchangeable tips for Australian plugs but that is only a minor issue. Delivery time was slow and not able to be tracked.Rapid Wall / AC Charger for the Amazon Kindle Latest Generation (US or International) and Kindle DX - Gomadic Brand with Rapid Charge Technology

This power cord and plug for the Kendle 2 are well made and appear of excellent quality. The cord is very pliable and of a much better material than the original cord (which literally crumbled away after a year).

Keep in mind that the cord is short, only 3 feet long, so is made to charge while the Kendle is not in use. It would be difficult to read and charge at the same time without an extension cord. However, the short length does make it less bulky and the male prongs fold down into the rounded edged housing eliminating the potential for it to scratch your Kendal if you must temporarily store them together.



I am very happy with this item, and consider the low cost a fair trade for having to use one of my short extension cords if I want to read and charge the Kendle at the same time.

I had been charging my kindle through my portable computer UBS port. However, this was taking about 4 hours to complete if the battery was fully discharged. The Rapid Wall Charger allows me to recharge the battery in less than 1 hour and significantly improved the recharge process.

Quick delivery! Perfect to keep at office or in a frequent travel bag for when you suddenly realize your Kindle has no charge left! The short cord is perfect, as its used more on an emergency basis than for reading and charging at the same time. - Kindle 2 Charger - Kindle 2 Wall Charger - Wall Charger - Kindle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information