Saturday 29 May 2010

Cookbook Stand - bookstand, large book holder


I've tried a few bookstands and this one is the best. Previously I'd used a Fellowes 21140 Booklift Copyholder(Metallic Silver). The page holder on the fellows bookstand popped out of it's socket easily. It was less expensive but significantly lower quality. The page holders on this bookstand reach out on to the page and apply pressure, so it works better with differently sized books. Turning pages is still very easy. It's also more aesthetically pleasing. I like the minimal design and the absence of logos. The transparency is actually somewhat useful when my desk is messy and I'm searching for something. Overall I'm very satisfied. IHD-105 Transparent / Clear Book Stand (Bookstand / Bookstands / Holder / Cookbook / Music)

Over the years, I have bought and tried a dozen different book holder/stands. But I was never quite satisfied -- never found one that would serve all my needs. Until now ...



FINALLY. My search is over. I love this stand, and am glad that I decided to order and try one more. If this one ever wears out (doubtful), I will definitely order another!



PROS: Large size, ability to position at multiple angles, the stand won't slide away on smooth surfaces.



BEST FEATURE of the IHD-105: the flexible page holders that can hold pages in place extending from a fraction of an inch to about 2 inches out.

I've had different kinds of book stands, but this book stand is simply the best. It is very sturdy unlike others that are made out of flimsy plastic. I have never written a review before, but for this book stand, I believe that everyone should benefit by considering buying it rather than the others in the market.

I am a law student with a neck injury. This book stand has been a lifesaver because it allows me to read while maintaining a painless neck position. It holds both soft cover novels and VERY heavy law books without any difficulty. I love the metal page holders. It is very light and easy to carry around from class to class.

I've ordered two of these, one for myself and then later one as a gift. The product is sturdy, holds a hardcover 1200+ page book without problem, and attractive-looking in an unobtrusive way- basically everything I was looking for in a bookstand. It also has no problem holding a laptop as well, elevating the screen for use with an external mouse and keyboard. For the money, you would be hard-pressed to find a more useful stand for your books or laptop.



The first was shipped to the wrong address (my error) and when I contacted the seller, they did everything they could to fix the delivery address, and called me twice to confirm that I had been able to receive it. I'm extremely impressed by the follow-up and personal attention they gave me in trying to resolve the issue. The second one I purchased a few days before Christmas and it was shipped extremely promptly, and arrived on the 23rd (this is with standard shipping). Overall, both the product and the company deserve 5 stars- I was very pleasantly surprised with both.

Though I feel kinda dorky with a lucite bookstand, this is the greatest bookstand ever. It accommodates my everything from my 800 page law books to my 100 page hornbooks. I fold it up and put it into my laptop bag too - its very portable.



I don't use it for cookbooks, but if it can handle my huge law books, I have no doubt it could handle large cookbooks. Also, you can wash it easily because its plastic. Highly recommended.

You get essentially what you see (or don't see, since the stand is transparent). One thing I didn't know when I purchased this product is that the ledge upon which the book sits and to which the page-holder arms are attached folds flat against the back board. This makes the whole thing a lot more portable than otherwise it would be. I've thrown it in my backpack several times.



One thing I don't like is that the little rollers that are at the end of the page-holding arms are designed in such a way that they only roll on thicker books. This isn't a deal-breaker--you probably didn't even realize that this product had rollers on the end of the arms--but if they were going to put them on there, they should have made them a tad more functional.



Most of the rest of the design on this product is terrific. The rubber o-rings that keep the stand from sliding work very well (and are essential).

This is a great stand. My church purchased a Diversi organ last year, which is a great organ but does not come with a stand, like a normal Hammond organ does. I wanted to find something that would match the organ and was strong enough to hold a hymnal.

I came across this stand after much research and it has turned out to be a great purchase. It's transparent, so it matches anything you put it on. It is pretty sturdy, and has strong page holders to hold the book open.

The stand also has small rubber rings on the bottom which adds just enough friction to keep it still when quickly scanning for a hymn to play. I highly recommend it!!

After going through all the other bookstands available on Amazon, I decided that this was the only one I wanted to give a try. And I wasn't disappointed. It's sturdily constructed of fairly thick plexiglas, with metal hinges, fittings and page holders. Every detail has been considered, from the rubber gaskets that line the prop in back, to the small rollers that tip the page holders, allowing you to roll them over the page surfaces smoothly.



Most thick programming manuals and cookbooks will fit the frame easily, although as with any flat bookholder, you'll have to open the book flat, which might not do the spine any favors.



When the holder has a trade-size book in place, you won't even see the plastic. If you're thinking of buying a wooden bookstand, save your money for one that will always hold the same massive OED or other largely decorative tome. This is the bookstand to get if you really need a working model. - Book Holder - Large Book Holder - Bookstand - Book Stands'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • book stands
  • ,
  • book holder
  • ,
  • bookstand
  • ,
  • large book holder