Saturday 29 May 2010

Iphone 4 - iphone, iphone 4


I got this recently for my iphone 4, because it looked good in the web page. This is a piece of junk and not worth more than a dollar ! Do not buy this product as it scratches the phone and dirt gets accumulated because of the porous pattern. Buy the MiniSuit iPhone 4 Skin Case (chrome/gray/smoked...) instead. elago S4 BREATHE Case for AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4 (Black)

I have bought about 11 different cases, iSkin, Belkin, Apple Bumper, Incase, you name it. This is by far my favorite and the one I have been using the last couple of weeks.

While many others provide better shock protection, this one is the slimmest and sharpest.

It definitely goes well with iPhone 4 design and slickness. Its design also allows effective heat dissipation, which is key on a compact phone like this.

It looks very elegant. I would recommend to use it with a very slim back screen protector (not provided). at least, that is how I use it. I have the Power Support anti-glare for the front screen and a cheap film protector for the back that came with another case.

Once every other week, I remove the case and wipe it to remove the dust - no a big deal.

BTW: customer service at Elago is outstanding. There was an error on my order and, first they replied within 20 minutes to my email, and took care of the problem in no time. I will definitely buy the case in silver, as well.

Summary:

Pros:

-Look and feel: slim, perfect cuts, no sharp edges

-Packaging: little is more. Just one clear bag for the case, the case and... nothing else.

Cons:

-Shock protection: very little, if any. Being fair, my daughter has dropped my phone a couple of times, nothing big, and no even an scratch.

-No screen protectors (front or back) which in most cases are cheap and you end up buying a quality one somewhere else anyways.



For this price, just go ahead and get it.

Bought this case while waiting for my free case from Apple. It showed up promptly, and fits well, looks beautiful in the phone, however, it isn't well made. I managed to chip the case while on my phone in my pocket on the 3rd day I used it. Case hasn't chipped any more since, yet, and is still functional, the backing on the case is exceptional, as it is very easy to hold, without being either too sticky, or too smooth. All in all, I like the case, but it having chipped just when I placed my un-adorned hand into my pocket will prevent me from purchasing a similar product from Elago.

GOOD:

1. This is a beautiful case. My favorite design of any iPhone 4 cases I have seen.



BAD:

1. Durability. I do not care about protection as much as beautiful design and execution which is why I purchased this case. The issue however, is that this case cracks along the edge that holds the phone in. This makes for jagged edges, snagging on clothes and an inability for the case to stay on the phone. I have purchase 2 of these cases and the first one lasted 3 weeks and the second one only 2 days!



2. Customer service. I emailed Elago after the first one broke hoping they could help me out. I never heard from them. I sent another email 1 week later and nothing. I decided it wasn't worth my time since it was only a few dollars and ordered another. That one failed in 2 days. I emailed them again and nothing. I really love the design but the quality of this one is flawed. I would NOT buy unless you are looking for a disposable case.

The Breath case for the iPhone 4 is just what I was looking for...almost. The look is good, very sharp. The texture of the material is also excellent. This will not slip from your hands. The downside? It does not always want to stay on the phone. The nature of the design means that it will have slight problems staying on the body of the phone. All round good case, very good looking, but not perfect.

I've now gone through 2 of these cases, just to make sure I did not get a defective one. Both times the case chipped around the edges by the front of the phone. The phone was never dropped, just simply placed in a front pocket.



Overall it had a nice feel/grip while being lightweight and stylish. However, since it cannot stand up to daily use, I would highly recommend another product.

This case is one of the best looking cases for the iPhone 4 in my opinion. I've tried 4 or 5 other styles and they just didn't look as good as this one. Feels great in the hand as well. It leaves the side buttons wide open and is thin enough to fit in my docking station which is not supposed to work with a phone case. It also has a thin lip above the level of the front glass, so if you lay the phone face down it's protected.



I live in the desert where it can be pretty dusty, and I've only had to remove the case once every month to wipe out any dust that's collected below.



I've had no problems whatsoever with scratching. I double checked after reading the reviewer who complained of scratching and all of the edges of the phone were scratch free after having used it for 3 months. - Iphone - Iphone 4 - Elago - Breathe'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • iphone
  • ,
  • breathe
  • ,
  • iphone 4
  • ,
  • elago