Monday 31 May 2010

Blank Dvd Media - dvd media, blank dvds


I have already written a glowing 5 star review for the 25 pack spindle of these and will simply reiterate here that these are simply the best DVD blank media that I have used thus far.



I have used many different brands and must tell you that after burning to many tens of these disks I have yet to suffer a single error writing to them!



These burn very very fast at 16X in my pc computer's NEC ND-3500AG 16X DVD burner and also in my DMR-EH50S Panasonic DVD Recorder (through which I record content from the television to its hard drive and then after editing the content, burn it to DVD media).



I also want to let you know that there is extra storage space contained on these that I have not found with the many other brands I have used (including Taiyo Yuden, Philips, Maxell, Memorex, TDK)! I can squeeze more video and file content onto these Verbatim disks. That makes a difference in those critical moments in which I need to fit those extra few megabytes onto the same disk.



I will continue to use these exclusively until either the production quality goes down or they quit making them altogether -- I hope neither happens!



The price on these has been fluctuating lately, but no matter what the price, these are quite simply worth purchasing! It just so happens that at this particular moment (of writing) this 100 disk spindle has reduced in price to a mere $34.99. There is a $12.00 rebate for it as well!



After buying 3 25 pack spindles, I finally got wise and opted for the 100 pack. This should last me quite a while!



So get this 100 disk spindle now! I heartily recommend it to you! Verbatim 97460 4.7 GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD-R (100-Disc FFP)

Verbatim makes a very reliable blank DVD-R that can handle up to 4.7 GB of data. Moreover, these blank DVD-Rs record data at speeds up to 16x. I have used these as data discs, discs to record video and discs to record video. I also get very few, if any, coasters.



The DVD-R discs are compact and easy to store. While the discs are still blank, store them in the circular case on the spindle that they came in. After your burn data onto them, I would recommend storing them in slim jewel cases instead of paper sleeves. It's just better protection for your DVD-Rs that have data stored on them. Don't store these discs, burnt or blank, in rooms that become very hot; this causes damage to any brand of this type of disc and you could lose data over time.



There are two caveats that many other people note about any brand of this product: when you are burning the data onto the blank disc, don't be surprised if you see that the data is burning at a rate slower than 16x. This can happen if your burner doesn't have the capacity to burn faster, or it may be a quirk. I am not a professional so I cannot be certain of precisely what causes this phenomenon; but I assure you that the extra minute or two (tops) that you wait to get your DVD-R completed is worth the wait. In addition, DON'T write on these using Sharpie ink pens. The ink can seep through the top coating of the DVD-R disc and compromise your data



Overall, Verbatim blank DVD-R discs store data reliably and I believe that an extra minute to burn the data onto the blank disc is well worth it in the event that it doesn't actually burn at 16x.

I have ordered and used two sets of these and have never had a bad one. However Amazon shipping department have gotten a bit sloppy lately with their packaging for shipment.



Seems like they just grab any ole box (mostly too large for the item, throws the item in with a bit of very large bubble wrap and away it goes.



In my opinion, this method of packaging rarely protects the item and most of the time, the item(s) just rattles around inside. My wife and I have ordered a lot of things in the past year and have received the last few packages in this manner.



Back to the DVD-R media. I ordered this plus a couple of CD-R media. Being heavy and rounded the DVD-R came in with a broken outer casing. Luckily it didn't come apart and the media scattered all over the place which could have easily happened.



So come on Amazon! I've given you folks lots of KUDOS for your service and customer satisfaction, however your shipping department needs to be straightend out as they've gotten sloppy lately.

My first 100 stack was flawless. So i ordered another 100 stack a few months later. My second stack started to have write errors about a 1/4 of the the way down, and hoping that it was only 1 disc I pulled another DVD towards the bottom of the stack with the same results. I have so far burned 5 duds in a row with DVDs from various levels of the spindel. I've sent Verbatim support an e-mail hopfully to get a replacement, if that doesn't work i guess ill see if Amazon will make it right. - Dvd Media - Blank Dvds - Verbatim Dvd-r - Blank Dvd Media'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information