Friday 28 May 2010

Emergency - emergency, camping


I bought and tested a couple of different lanterns to use for emergencies. This one was the best value.



While it has only 4 LED's, they are bright, and the design is such that the light is diffused well. The handle has a clever "snap-on" feature that lets you clip it onto things, very handy.



The light is not extremely sturdy, but for the price it should be adequate for most uses. I plan to buy 4 of them and keep them around for blackouts.



It uses four "AA" batteries, which are often featured at discounted prices (much less so for "AAA" or "D" size). Home Depot recently had a 60-pack (yes, 60-pack) of RayoVac alkalines for $8.80. So powering this is inexpensive. Dorcy 41-1017 4 LED Mini Lantern

This was a great little light through Hurricane Irene. Don't buy it expecting a 100 watt lamp, it's more like a set of really bright night lights, but it really came in handy in our dark basement during the storm. Also, just to let buyers know, the pic is of a blue light and the one we got was purple.

I bought two of these while experiencing a power outage. They worked great for that one night; a few weeks later, neither would turn on. I swapped the batteries for fresh ones, but no luck. Since the lanterns are terrific when they work, I exchanged them for duplicate ones, only to have the duplicate issue. These lanterns suck.

I think this is just the cutest little lantern I have ever seen. It is not, however, the brightest. But, it suits my needs. I can read with it and go from room to room. I use it for power outages. I have a larger led lamp that lights a bigger area, if needed. I also think it is very well made and sturdy. For the price you really can not beat it. Only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it only has on and off switch, no hi or low. - Emergency Light - Lanterns - Camping - Emergency'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information