Saturday 29 May 2010

Canon Printer Ink - ink cartridge, printer ink


The BCI-3eBk is good quality black ink for an inkjet printer. I have used this ink for a couple of years now and don't recall it smudging on the pages I print. The price on this product (compared to HP products) is fair, but I am able to print a 100 to 200 pages before running out of ink. Of course, you will get more pages out of this cartridge if you print more color graphics than text. Canon BCI-3eBK Black Ink Cartridge (4479A003)

I've had Canon printers using this cartridge for more than a year and won't settle for any of those knock-offs. Yeah, they're often much cheaper, but this is one area where you get what you pay for. Brand X fades and does not perform as well in the inkjet system. This has been confirmed in independent lab tests in a leading PC magazine. I have had to install and remove countless cartridges and NEVER spilled a drop. The pop-in, pop-out design couldn't be easier.

Not much to say besides it's very easy to install and quite inexpensive compared to the other brands (HP, Epson, etc). The best thing about this ink is that it doesn't run out very fast. I've printed numerous docs (say about 500) and many invitations (say 500) and I'm still on my first tank. I do recomend getting this ink for all you who do have a compatible printer. In my opinion, messing with generic brand ink somehow leads to problems down the line. You may be saving some money now, but down the road when you'll be kicking yourself when the generic stuff breaks or clogs your printer.

This product was purchased through Amazon from Eforcity. It was advertised as Canon. The picture of the product was a canon box picture, BUT IT WAS NOT CANON. It was aftermarket! I did not get canon, I got conned!

Good price and quick delivery. The product is a Canon original and not a generic which the repairman told me never to use in my Canon printer after repairing it due to ink damage from a Staples generic cartridge. I mean it ruined the print head and the main board. Thanks Amazon.Com for good service and products.

If you own a Canon printer, buy a Canon ink cartridge! That is my warning. Generic ink cartridges may look the same as their OEM counterparts but that is not the case. The little sponge that the ink comes out of has some kind of defect so the ink spreads out unevenly and your document or photo will be smeared with ink!!! So even if you find a great deal at $1.99 or better, stick with the official Canon product - it can't be beat.

First off, this product is excellent. This review is to warn potential purchasers that Eforcity (3rd party vendor) purports to sell "genuine" Canon BCI-3e BK cartridges but substitutes Chinese compatibles of lesser quality. When I challenged Eforcity, they said I would have to return the bogus ink tanks to obtain a refund. Without even being asked, Amazon stepped in and processed a refund. Avoid this vendor if you need genuine Canon ink, which is strongly recommended to avoid "messy" problems with your printer.

Ad clearly stated (and showed photo of) Canon BCI-3eBK ink. Instead I received a knock-off brand named "OA100" which had "Made in China" stamped on the bottom its package. I then went through the steps at Amazon to get refunded... which first requires me to email the company. The company never responded to my email but did refund my full purchase price once I filed the claim with Amazon. Maybe just a mix up on their part since the company has mostly (and many) positive ratings. Guess I get to list 3 knock-off brand cartridges on ebay now! :)

it was shown as a cannon ink tank when it arrived it was a innovera ink tank

if I had know it was not a cannon ink tank I would not have purchased it.

the last time I used a remanufactured ink tank I had to replace my printer head which was over $70.00.

this product may be ok but I am not willing to take the risk.

they should have made it clear it was not a real cannon ink tank - Mp780 - Ink - Ink Cartridge - Printer Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information