Sunday 30 May 2010

High Definition


I bought the cable for use with a canon SD780 camera. It securely attached to the camera and my HDTV. I found that the miniHDMI side was adequately narrow to fit into the plug on the tiny SD780. It works perfectly. I was a little concerned by some bad reviews, but figured I'd give this cable a try considering that it was 1/3 the price of other miniHDMI-HDMI cables I looked at. I'm glad I did.

NOTE: HDMI is entirely digital. The 1's and 0's either transmit or they don't. You won't get a "better" picture by using more expensive cables. Here, because this cheap cable works, there is no reason to ever get a more expensive one. Tripp Lite P570-006 6ft HDMI to mini-HDMI, Digital Audio - Video Cable, 6'

I bought one of these to go along with my canon HG10 HD camcorder. Using the cable, the picture was grainy and miscolored on one TV, and didnt work on another TV. I did an amazon return/exchange (great btw) and the next one didnt work *at all*. I started to doubt the camcorder thinking maybe the mini HDMI port was bad. I took the camcorder to a Fry's Electronics store, and bought a different brand cable (30$) and tested it out on the spot. Worked like a charm. If you are getting this for a canon HG10, I would beware.

I bought the Canon HF-10 a week ago - it is a great camcorder. I also bought this Trip Lite Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. When the items arrived, I tested the camera and was very happy. I then tried to play videos over mu Sony 52" HDTV through the HDMI port with this cable. It did not work at all. I began to worry about whether it was the cable or the HF-10 HDMI port. The component cable supplied by Canon worked great on HDTV in 1080i but not the HDMI. Finally, after a lot of investigation (several hours) I had my wife buy a SONY cable (about $40). It worked superbly! It appears to me that the quality control on these Tripp Lite cables is very poor. Reading the review you see that a lot arrived and did not work. I think Amazon should withdraw this item. I know that cables are a high profit item for electronics vendors. You can get them cheaper on e-bay if you shop around. Going for the Tripp Lite version cost me waste a lot of time. The HF-10 camera surely is great!



Dr. Bob Brown, Jr.

With the mixed reviews on this item, I ordered this cable with some hesitation. But what the heck! I'll take a chance. I just bought a similar cable at my local computer store. I paid $40. The more expensive cable not only doesn't perform any better, it doesn't appear to be made as well as the cable I purchased here for only a few dollars. Unlike the cable I purchased here, the more expensive cable doesn't even have gold plated jacks. Needless to say, the more expensive cable is being returned. I am using the Tripp Lite cable with my Panasonic Lumix ZS3 camera. It works great!

I like the quality of this cable even though I wish I could use a regular one, but unfortunately Sony puts a mini HDMI connector on their HD camcorders. It works perfectly between the Sony and a 1080p HDTV.

I ordered this cable with some low expectations because of some of the reviews. What i got was a perfect cable cable with no issues. I am sure that some people may have received a defective cable but most of the problem may be that the cable not being properly installed into the equipment.

I however would have to say go ahead and try it. What do you have to lose for the price.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


High Definition High Definition High Definition