Monday 31 May 2010

Rotary Tool Accessories - dremel, sharpener


The Dremel lawnmower blade sharpener works pretty good. But only as a midseason blade sharpener. Be careful sparks fly all over the place with this tool. If your blades are really dull take them to the pros but at midseason this tool will help put the edge back on a mild dull blade. Buy extra 932 grinding stones because you'll go thu them quick. Dremel 675 Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener Attachment

I got one of these with my dremel tool. It works, but I really think a dremel tool is underpowered for sharpening applications. I spent some time trying to sharpen my shovel with it and finally gave up and grabbed a file and had it finished and a second shovel in less time and with far less noise. Let's face it, neither shovel or lawnmower blades need to be as accurately sharpened as a knife and a file will work handily, cost the same and last longer.

I'm sorry to see the other poor reviews. I have had this for years, and it's worked great every time. I have a push mower (Toro Super Recycler), single blade. The blade fits snugly into the plastic guide, and it sharpens quite well. No complaints. It saves me a lot of time, being able to sharpen myself, any time of season, as opposed to manually sharpening with a file, or taking somewhere to have it done.

Nice product, but you have to have the dremel with the male threads to attach the adaptor. Simple to use and quite effective. Set the dremel to 3/4 spee and you will need to make several passes especially if the blades are really dull (like mine were). Took me about 20 minutes to do all three.

If you have a Dremel tool and any kind of metal tools with an edge then you need this. I was skeptical, but found it works really well. It takes a little while to get used to so I recommend to learn on the less important tools like a shovel you rarely use or don't care if you knick it.



The grinding stone can bur into you edge if you aren't careful. And it's kind of hard to turn around the angles of a blade. But this sucker will sharpen every tool you have from the lawnmower blade to the axe to the sling blade (some people call it a keiser blade).

I got this with my Dremel XPR and I was actually looking forward to trying it out, as we have an old hatchet that despretly needs sharpening. I put it on and I went to get the hatchet, and the little slot that the blade goes in was just a little bit too thin. So I finally got it in and I turn on the tool and in a shower of sparks it starts working, but I couldn't get it to move, so now I had a gigantic dent in it, I eventually got the hatchet sharpened without the attachment. and much better, too. I haven't tried it on the lawn mower yet, though. But it doesn't work well on anything besides shovels for me.

i have the dremel lawnmower sharpening tool 675 and i can sharpen my lawnmower blades without having to remove them by simply jacking up the lawnmower high enough to get the tool under it so it fits good on the blade and i can sharpen the blade without taking it off. this saves a lot of time. just remeber to count how many strokes you take on one side of the blade and then repeat the same amount of strokes on the other side. this way you keep the blade in perfect balance. make sure to lower the blade all the way down. this makes it a lot easier before sharpening the blade

It is a little difficult to explain, but this did not fit my mower blade. I guess it would give the correct angle on an axe or another 'flat' item. I have a toro mower and the blade has a curve in the horizontal and the black plastic guard does not give a consistent angle when I move it down the length of the edge. I can still use it by taking the guard off, but then it is just a grinding wheel.

I have hand sharpened with a file and used the other type sharpener that fits in an electric drill, both were quite time and energy consuming and less than pleasing. This rotary tool attachment really works! It is quick and easy and gives a sharp edge in a surprisingly short time. I am well pleased with this product. Dremel 675 Lawn Mower and Garden Tool Sharpener Attachment - Dremel - Sharpener - Rotary Tool Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information