Thursday 30 December 2010

Audio-video Kits - s-video to rca, cables


I had a Compaq laptop and an old 29" tv and all my video content was in my hard-drive and on internet :(

So, I bought this 4-pin S video cable as it matched with my laptop S-video port.

Make sure before buying that this cable will match your s-video port, otherwise you would end up criticizing a good product for your own mistake! :)



Advantages:

- This is a great product!

- At a great price!

- If your TV has capability to connect with CD/DVD or any video player through the Red+Yello+White cables, then this one would work for your TV too!!



Disadvantages:

- 6 feet length. You have to keep your laptop just next to your TV S-Video to 3-RCA Composite AV Cable for Laptop PC TV

Hooked it up to my laptop and TV. Video quality looks great, but audio is moderately noisy. I tried hooking up another stereo 1/8 to stereo RCA audio cable and the interference was gone. Strange since they were both budget cables about the same thickness... they really should have beefed up the audio cable shielding like they did to the video half. Also before you buy this really consider how much cable you need... 6ft is a little on the short side unless your laptop or component is right next to the TV. While the length issue is clearly my fault, the audio issue is poor design.



As to the other review complaining about a 7 pin connector, I used this 4 pin s-video cable with the Nvidia 7 pin jack on my laptop and it works and detects just fine. The extra pins are used for component video, at least on mine.

Cable works great to connect my HP pavillion dv 2000 laptop to an older Sony TV (video + audio) and watch Netflix movies on TV. Some problem with the shipment, though: First time I ordered it, the cable got lost in mail, but the seller sent a second cable with no hassle (still, the shipment took longer than it was supposed to). Also, the tracking link that the seller provided did not work.

This is a 4 pin s-video not 7 pin. My computer has a 7 pin s-video connection so this cable didn't work (I'm assuming) for that reason. I supposed if you have a 4 pin s-video on your computer then it should work, but I can't say for sure since mine has a 4 pin.

I did research on the internet as I am trying to cut costs and want to get rid of expensive cable and just watch TV shows from my computer. I have a 2 year old Toshiba laptop and a probably 10 year old Sony TV (that still looks & works great). At first when I plugged in the unit, it didn't work, so I went back to the internet and after a quick search found that I had to right click on the desktop, go to Graphics Options, Display - Television and bam - there is was. Audio is fabulous, picture is great. I have a Sony TV, not a flatscreen or fancy HD though.. it's a little older, but has the holes on the front to plug in the yellow/white/red cord (you can tell how non-techy I am.. haha). Yes, with only a 6 ft. cord, the laptop does have to be next to the tv, but no biggie... I saw that when I ordered it. Couldn't be happier as this little less than [...] investment will save me [...] a month or more on cable!

Bought the cable in hopes of connecting laptop to 42" flat screen tv. While it connects, the image displays in black and white -- not sure if this a defect of the cable or a limitation of the connected components. Either way, this cable is useless for me. I'll just need to get a laptop with an HDMI port, so I don't have to rely on the conversion from s-video to component.

This shipped within a few days and was a great deal. Cheaper than any electronic stores locally ( including Walmart!) including the shipping, and I checked around a bit before buying this.



No complaints at all. Easy hookup and works great. Watching movies from online on the large screen tonight already. Got it in the mail today. Good buy.



Don't forget to install a graphics media/video driver on your PC to use this if you don't have this installed on your computer already. I recently had my computer 'wiped clean" and I couldn't figure out why this hook-up wasn't working with my laptop today. I was told my computer needed the video/graphics driver re-installed. ( took a few minutes and is free) for it to be compatible. I used Intel. There are many drivers available, based on your PC type.. Very simple, even for me. :)

I bought this cable about a month ago. I am using it to connect my laptop with my old Sanyo TV to play internet TV, Audio & Video CDs. The picture and audio quality is great. The cable is thick and is of excellent quality.

I received the wrong item. I needed a 7-pin cable and I received a 4-pin one. The seller did not make bad communication, but the item page did not specify which type of cable it was. The seller should not expect the buyer to "guess" what kind of cable it is, especially from the picture which is unclear whether it is a 7-pin or a 4-pin. I did not return the item because as useless as the cable is it is more expensive for me to send it back than to get the refund. Overall the transaction was smooth and fast, and good communication. It was just the item that arrived that was the incorrect one, which is the most important portion of the deal. The seller was good in communication, just 'bad/false' advertising, if you will.

Thank you, and hope this helps. - Laptop To Tv - S-video To Rca - Cables - S-video'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information