Thursday 30 December 2010

Hp Laptop - hewlett packard, laptop


This battery deserves 5 stars for its performance and HP deserves 0 stars for its misleading "Up to 5-8 HRS Battery Life" statement on the front of the package for an average of 2 1/2 stars.



If you need to run your laptop on battery power for long periods of time, this is the only way to go. I consistently get 3 ½ to 4 hours of "real" operation from this battery. After owning many laptops over the years where 1 ½ hours of battery operation was normal, I'm very happy with this battery.



While this battery may be twice the size of the standard battery, it only raises the back of the laptop by 3/4". And while this battery is twice as heavy as the original battery, when you consider that it is intended to be used instead of the original battery, the added weight is only about 11 ounces (extended battery @ 22oz. minus original battery @ 11oz. = 11oz.



When you consider the other option, a universal battery such as APC UPB80 80W Battery for Notebooks at 2.0 pounds, this battery's weight is really not a problem. Add the fact that this extended life battery has more battery capacity, 95 vs APC's 88 Watt Hours, that its body sits snuggly halfway inside the laptop instead of hanging loose outside of the laptop, and costs far less than a universal battery (almost half with good shopping), this is as good as it gets. HP EV089AA 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery for HP Pavilion DV6000 DV2000

This laptop battery is so awesome. I get on average 5-6 hours of charge off of this battery, which is way more than I could have ever imagined. Keep in mind that the 5-6 hours is also because I keep my power settings on HP recommended or power saver options when the laptop is not plugged into the power cord, which is what you should do when your laptop is running only on the battery. But 5-6 hours on average is amazing, when I used to only get about 45 minutes out of the original 6-cell battery that the laptop originally came with. After about 2 years of constant use I was only able to get 45 minutes out of the battery, which would never even charge to a full 100% when plugged in. But deciding to buy this new 12-cell battery was the best choice ever, seriously. And I don't mind that the battery sticks out a little in the back- I look at it as being a 3-in-1 deal because I get an EXTREMELY long lasting battery, the lift cools the laptop, and the lift elevates the laptop at a slight angle making it a lot more comfortable to type: 3-in-1 awesomeness! At it's very sturdy, so no worries there.

Now I don't have to worry about my laptop battery dying quickly and I don't have to worry about constantly searching for power outlets during lecture. I don't even have to worry about taking my power cord with me every time I go to class now. Thank goodness. This is a fabulous battery that lasts for HOURS, and if that's what you're looking for you won't be disappointed! I wasn't, and I'm pretty picky! Definitely a worthwhile buy!

My Laptop: HP Pavilion dv6000

I got my battery from Beach Camera.



There is no reason to rate these batteries down as they work as HP designed them. My HP laptop, which came from HP, had this same battery. The battery is bulky, but has much more capacity than the slim six-cell model. (Consider this a "design feature" for better ventilation, and not an unsightly, heavy, anchor.) Just be sure to check with all suppliers that they ship an authentic HP battery, not some generic imitation. Also, double check the battery's model number that you need to be sure that this is the model you require.



It seems that the authentic HP make of this battery probably is hard to find below a price of about $110. At this moment, HP, itself, sells this same battery for about $150 and sometimes has free shipping.

I use this battery with dv2000. The laptop gets very hot sometimes and this battery helps air circulate underneath it. Battery life is excellent - minimum was 4 hours - since I had this battery a month ago. It's relatively heavy, though.

This is my first 12-cell battery. I'm not sure if these are supposed to be this large, but this one certainly is. I just bought the laptop (dv6125se) last month, so in actuality, only discharged the battery once (it's always plugged in). I've observed around 4 hrs of operation while installing software, rebooting, and other maintenance operations. I really think this is fair, since all the other batteries I've used ran around 1.5-2 hrs in real world service.



The laptop is a Turion 64 X2 -based running at 1.8GHz.



My only beef is that it's large. The extra 6 cells actually stack its height, effectively doubling it. Since the battery mounts in the rear of the lower case, this has the effect of lifting the laptop and tilting it towards me. One of the mixed benefits is improved cooling: the interior is always well ventilated because of the extra breathing room.



I might be wrong, but just weighing it with my hand, it seems like the battery itself weighs almost as much as the entire laptop. There is a gaping hole left if the battery is removed ... HP did not design a cover for an empty battery compartment. - Hewlett Packard - Laptop - Battery - Laptop Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information