Wednesday 29 December 2010

Droid Case - droid, seidio droid case


I have had my Droid since Day 1 on launch day and have been looking for the perfect case the entire time. I had the black silicone snap-on case from Verizon and liked it initially but fell out of love for several reasons. I finally stumbled on the Seidio Innocase Surface and it is PERFECT. Forget everything else, this is THE case to own for the Motorola Droid.



PROS:

- Perfect fit (no gaps)

- Easy to install AND to remove

- Provides extra grip around the Droid

- Perfect cutouts

- Durable plastic material w/soft coating

- Does not pick up lint



CONS:

- Availability



The best part of the Seidio Innocase is the perfect fit and solid build. The cutouts for volume, camera, power, microUSB port, headphone jack, mic, camera lens, and speaker are spot on perfect. My old Verizon snap-on cover covered all the buttons so it wasn't easy to always get a good feel for where the buttons were. My old case also covered all but a 3rd of the speaker on the back, which I never could figure out why. The Innocase reveals the entire rear speaker. The plastic snap-on case by Seidio is coated with a soft material so that it almost feels like a rubber case. I had Seidio cases for my old Blackberry Curve as well.



I also like the top part because it's rigid enough that when I swipe the screen from side to side, the sides of the case do not flex. My old VZW case flexed so much that it eventually felt like it was going to fall off. The cutout for the mic is also done very nicely and I hope it improves the audio quality as I had problems sounding muffled with the VZW case. The entire case is also very easy to install and also to remove. I nearly bought the OEM Body Glove case but read a LOT of complaints about how difficult it was to remove and how it added significant bulk.



The Seidio Innocase Surface case for the Motorola Droid is absolute perfection. You can really tell that a lot of thought went into the design. It is also very slim and adds only the tiniest amount of extra bulk. If you wish you could keep your Droid naked, but don't want to risk it, this is your best solution. It's not a mil spec Otterbox case, but who among us really need that level of protection? Go buy this today, in two colors, if you can find it in stock. Seidio SURFACE Case for Motorola Droid (Amethyst)

This cover snaps on quickly and fits perfectly, with cutouts in all the right places. It doesn't interfere with the operation of the phone -- you can charge it, connect to it, slide it open/closed without any trouble.



The back pops off easily if you need to get at the battery compartment (which you often do, with a Droid), and then snaps right back on. It doesn't feel like it will be damaged with frequent removal and attachment. I've had it about a week at this writing, so I'll update my review if it turns out I'm wrong about this.



It also softens the contours a bit so the phone doesn't look quite so blocky. Or maybe that's just an optical illusion. At any rate, my phone is now purple so it stands out from the crowd a bit and is less likely to get mixed up with somebody else's blocky black phone.



I would definitely recommend this cover to a friend.

Love, love love my droid and wanted to protect it. bought el cheapo one first and it lasted couple of months before cracking, but it also covered the sensor to automatically turn off display when against your ear. This case however is very good quality and worth the price. only had for few weeks and hope it lasts (it should as seems to be very well made and durable), but it fits perfectly and does not have same sensor cover-up issue. i did alot of research for good case and this is definitely the best one to get! I dropped my phone for first time on concrete and this case protected it well. i bought my wife the dark purple one and black for me. i got it for $23

I really like this cover. it fits my droid perfectly and I get lots of compliments on the color (true to the picture).



I do think that you should be aware of one detail. I use my physical keyboard very frequently. I read on a message board about Seidio case "scratching" the phone. I didn't notice it until I read that but sure enough there it is! When you slide the keyboard out, apparently the case rubs against the "chin" of the phone on the right side and leaves a small track mark (i've heard that it does it on both sides but I have not experienced that). It happens if you use the keyboard frequently, which I do as I mentioned.



That being said, I didn't notice the scratch until the defect was brought to my attention. And I'd prefer to have one minor scrape as opposed to a phone covered in them from everyday wear and tear (and the unfortunate possibility of dropping it). This is not a big is for me and I like the aesthetics of the case enough to keep it.



Update: one of the tabs that keeps the case on the phone "peeled" off. Didn't expect that to happen and I'm quite disappointed. - Seidio Droid Case - Purple - Droid - Motorola Droid'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information