Monday 27 December 2010

Literature Organizer - paper sorter, file sorters


I just received my stacking trays today 10/6/08 and reordered them. I've had all kinds of stacking trays before, but these outrate them all. They came in a small box, and I thought I was getting one tray and not 6! They are easy to assemble, stack, and easy to break down if need to move or pack them. Not only that, they are attractive! Rubbermaid Regeneration Plastic Letter Tray 6 Pack (86028)

Got the trays in a nice and compact box about as tall as just two of the trays. Thought I would have to assemble them a bit, but they were just packed together very tightly. All 6 can stack together either vertically or staggered to move back slightly. Seem to be durable enough, they don't sag or anything unless they're holding nearly a full ream of paper.



The only caveat I have is the tray area is just barely wide enough to hold a standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Makes labeling them on the top of the front edge pointless since the paper will just cover it, and the width of the front lip isn't wide enough to place more than a 1/4" label on, which still hangs off a bit.

These do an okay job filing papers, although the large gaps in the back and side of each one makes it prone to let smaller papers slip through and fall out. The construction of a single unity is sturdy, but stacking them is flimsy at best. Still, it does a decent job sorting papers

I have been using this filer for a while now and the following is my assessment:



Pros:

- I like its general design. This is the way to go for a filer.

- I like its stackability. I keep it all on the same level, but it is easy to set back if you like that.

- It is lightweight and easy to use / assemble / disassemble.

- Price is reasonable



Cons:

- I wish there was a place where I could label each tray (ie inbox, outbox, bills). For me, this is a big annoyance!

- It can't really handle heavy loads and the trays begin to buckle at a certain weight. This is especially true of the top tray, as it has the least support, which is unfortunate given that the top tray usually has the biggest load. That said, the bottom trays can handle more weight than the top trays so keep that in mind.





I am still using the filer, but if something better came around, I would consider upgrading.

Take my advice.DO NOT PURCHASE THIS FOR A TON OF PAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is only for a few papers.Too many papers,and this thing sags in the middle,threatening to break!Great concept,but should be built with sturdier material!

I bought these at another store, but was very disappointed in how bulky they are. Not nearly as streamline as the other trays I had at home. I had a tight spot that these needed to go into and they didn't fit - but my other ones do. They have a wide lip all around and they angle outward.

These 6 trays come in a very small box, and snap together easily. Very good quality. Even though the ends and back are open, I had had no trouble with stuff falling out. Works quite well on my computer desk to keep litter down. I plan to order another set for my office desk. Wish I had ordered these before I ordered something else I had to send back.

These are great trays for the money. I like that there were six, rather than 4. They stack nicely at a slight slant so that bottom tray is out about 3-4" from the front of the top rack (if you use all six). This may take up more desk room for some people might like, but the design is worth it. They hold a 1 1/2" binder nicely, with a slight over-hang that isn't a problem because of the stagger of the trays. They are attractive for their function. - File Sorters - Organizer - Tray Tower - Paper Sorter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information