Wednesday 29 December 2010

Household Supplies - window cleaner, window cleaning


I must admit that I was skeptical as in "yeah, another no effort, streak free product". To my amazement, it actually works as advertised with little or no "touch up". I even called back the check out clerk at Lowe's to tell her how well it worked (she asked me to let her know if it worked as advertised).

To Pacific: Like the other reviewers, I don't know what your problem was with the product but it really worked as advertised for me following the directions to the letter. GREAT product! Windex Outdoor All-in-One Glass Cleaning Tool

I guess you have to have a certain kind of water for this to work. I live in north San Diego County, and even though I never heard anyone say our water was hard, I guess its too hard for this product to work. Living in a glass-walled house, I am always looking for a solution to cleaning 8'x9' plate glass windows. When I first tried this, it took me 2 windows before the soap even appeared. Once I realized there was soap, I re-did all the windows I did before, making sure I got them nice and soapy. After rinsing and drying, the streaks on the window were as bad as if I used nothing at all. I hope I can get a refund.

Please buy this Windex All-In-One window cleaner. I say this because it so often happens that when we find a product that works so well for us, suddenly it disappears from the shelf because it was discontinued. Please don't let it happen to this cleaning system.



My wife told me that we were going to wash windows on Saturday. Of course I love to do that. NOT!!! We have found that our windows tend to leave streaks and smudges despite my best efforts. When we are done and the sun hits them, re-do coming up.



Saturday morning in Florida in June gets just a tad warm and the sun can drive you away from too much activity pretty quickly. We started in the front (East side) hoping to get them out of the way before it got too hot then move to the back and out of the sun when it got warmer. I noticed that when cleaning the lower windows where the sun was hitting directly, the foam from the pad got a little thicker as I was rubbing windows. I was sure that this meant they wouldn't rinse off and I'd have a bit of a mess. It was over 80 degrees and rising.



I was pleased that the effort required to rinse then wash then rinse was pretty minimal. I was astounded that the thickening suds actually rinsed off without a bit of trouble. The front windows went quickly, much more quickly than I was prepared for.



We went to the back and finished the job in an amazingly short time. Normally I would spend 3 hours or so removing screens, scrubbing, squeegeeing, wiping and then redoing it to get rid of the streaks. Never quite getting it done just right. We finished the 20 windows and 2 glass doors in little over 1 hour and they looked great. And the temperature was only up to about 88 degrees when we finished. Any longer and it would have been over 90.



Granted, I did have to climb a ladder a bit to get to the upper windows, and take out screens and replace them, but the results were amazing. Clear and streak free windows and doors. We have used the spray on, rinse off Windex outdoor bottle, but results were spotty and streaks were always present.



I will repeat myself. Please buy this Windex Outdoor All-In-One so it isn't discontinued. I would hate to go back to the old way. Thanks.

I was looking for a simple solution to clean my second story 15 foot high windows. I saw decent reviews for this product on here and other places. My only concern was how long it is when assembled. Looking on the back of the box, I saw "Reaches up to 11 Feet". No where else on the box is there anything about how long this device is. As I understood it, it is 11 feet long and that is what I expected when I assembled it. To my surprise, when I got it assembled, it was only 4 feet long. The device is almost identical in size to a Swiffer Sweeper. I looked in the box to see if I was missing something and I wasn't. I then called Windex customer service to see what the deal was with the 7 feet that seemed to be missing from my tool. She told me that the 11 foot reach stated on the box is figured by an average height person of 5'6" with an arm extension of 1'5". So this really doesn't solve my issue. I was trying to find a way to be able to reach my high windows without using a ladder. Unfortunately this doesn't do that, it just gives me a tool that I can use while I'm up on the latter. However, customer service did offer to send me a coupon for another kit, so I'm going to use those poles to extend mine a couple more feet. Them perhaps attach an extension to the handle to finally make this thing as long as I need, or buy another kit and just keep adding poles to make it longer until its as long as I need.



I haven't used the pads yet (because this thing isn't long enough) so I can't comment on how well they work. But this device does seem to be well constructed out of some type of light weight hard plastic, perhaps ABS or something similar. This should be better than metal as it won't rust or corrode and its not as rigid as it slightly flexes. Also, the box states "Tool can not be disassembled." Not sure what this is all about. It disassembles just as easy as it assembles. This should work fine for my needs once I get it as long as I need. It was just a bit disappointing not getting what I thought I was right out of the box.

I was excited to begin with that it only took 1 hour to wash the windows of my 3200 square foot home and it seemed to be streak free. But after our guests came over, the light hit it just right and there were so many streaks! This was embarrassing.

I was very disappointed in this product. It is my fault though, because I didn't read the mice-type at the bottom. It suggests you pre-clean the windows with Windex. Darn!!! I should know better than assume that anything works "as advertised". Now I need to go buy a big bottle of Windex to clean up after their "miracle" Outdoor Windex Outdoor All-in-One product. At least I can use the 4 ft Windex wizard wand with a rag to clean basement windows. Don't waste your money on this product, use a coupon and get it free like I did. - Windex - Window Cleaner - Cleaning - Window Cleaning'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information