Sunday 26 December 2010

Hard Case - case, google


Case ownership: one day



Pros:

-very thin material

-light weight

-soft padding(velvety insert?) to keep the phone from being scratched

-outside surface feels rubbery but case is some sort of hard plastic

-looks well made

-fits phone like a glove; no rattling

-easy to remove phone from case

-doesn't stick out of pockets

-initially I was worried that the grip strip on the back of the case

would stand out and look unattractive but it's hardly noticeable

-holes line up correctly



Cons:

-$$ cost(30 bucks for a cell phone case?)

-feels like i could snap this in half pretty easily out of the box when

not covering cell phone

-worried that the clip that keeps the lower half of the case attached

to upper half may wear out over multiple on-offs



Overall: So far it's the best looking case I've found that suits my taste and looks/feels like it will last me for a while. $30 bucks is kind of steep for a piece of plastic but it's better than those cheap gel cases that I've looked at. I will add some user pictures since there currently are none. Seidio SURFACE Case for Google Nexus One (Black)

PROS---



-Great build quality. There is no play or slack. It snaps on very snugly onto the Nexus One.



-Good coverage. Covers the Nexus One well, just as expected.



-Protects the camera. I was considering a full body film protector like Invisible Shield or Skinomi but the camera bump is left unprotected and the way the camera protrudes would still get scratched up. The case nicely protects the camera.



-Felt interior. It prevents the Nexus One's back from scratching from the inside. That was a pleasant surprise!



-Slim. No description needed.



CONS---



-The soft touch texture of the case doesn't feel as good as the Nexus One's texture, and it took some time getting used to it.



-While the case does have good coverage, it surely isn't the kind of case that will fully protect the Nexus One from heavy blows. You buy this case for a good blend of looks and protection.



-Tight fit with screen protector. When used in conjunction with the Invisible Shield Screen Protector, it becomes a tight fit. If you have a screen protector on the Nexus One, make sure you let the protector fully cure, or the case will destroy the adhesive on the edges of the protector (when taking the case on and off), leaving the protector vulnerable to progressively peel.



-"1 mm thick." The case material is 1mm thick but that in turns adds 2mm to the total height, 2mm to the total width, and 2mm to the total height of the Nexus One. It doesn't sound much but it adds up when the Nexus One is in your pocket. I know there are bulkier cases (and this case is one of the slimmer ones out there), but after feeling how slim the Nexus One is, this kinda bugs me, but I'm weird.



-PRICE, PRICE PRICE. When I bought it, it was 30 bucks. While it is one of the higher quality kinds of cases, 30 dollars was kind of steep. but after scratching the bottom of the Nexus One on day two, I had to get a case. But the case now sells for less than 25 bucks (before shipping). WTH??? 25 bucks is much more reasonable. If it were 20 bucks, I would give it 5 stars.



OVERALL---



-The iPhone has its Incase, the Nexus One has its Innocase.



-This is a great case that looks good, feels good, and works well-at a price.



Original site: [...]

This really is a great case. Don't let the price scare you away; quality usually costs money, and in this case it's well worth it. Plus, if you're like me and you just spent $[...] on the phone, what's another $25 to keep it safe?



I can repeat the comments of others, but every positive review and bullet pointed list is right on the money. Slim, great fit, not the best protection against a fall, but should help it survive anything that isn't reckless. Feels great in the hand, and recesses the camera a bit so you don't have to be quite so picky about where you set your phone down.



I love my new Nexus One, and I've been really careful about putting my phone down on rough or hard surfaces to make sure that lovely coating on the back doesn't start to scratch off. I've even been using the neoprene case that came boxed with my Nexus One as a sort of charging mat for when I plug my phone in at night, since the wooden nightstand I have has a bit of a rough surface. With this, I won't think twice about putting my phone down on any good stable surface.



It does add a minimal amount of thickness to your phone, but nothing that really bugs me. I can see where some people who are used to how extremely slim the Nexus is by itself would hate it, but I got used to it fast. It's about the same thickness as my old iPhone with my Casecrown glider case, so it's nothing I wasn't already used to and happy with. And comparing it to a Casecrown glider case is very appropriate, since they both feel and are made very similar with the felt backing and the rubberized coating that is a perfect balance between grip and glide.



Get it, because Seido made a quality case here. Also, watch the other company I already mentioned to see if they make a Nexus One case. If they do, it would probably be a lot like this but for half the price, and they also make good quality cases.



Update 05.15.2010: Going on more than a month with this case now and it still feels and looks great, and shows no sign of visible wear. Very happy customer, and thinking about getting this same case in another color (I think the gray one should do nicely). - Google - Case - Seidio - Innocase'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information