Thursday 30 December 2010

Macbook Pro


I own the ASUS Eee PC 1000 10-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 40 GB Solid State Drive, 20 GB Eee Storage, Linux, 6 Cell Battery) Pearl White.



About a half-hour ago this Crucial 2GB 667 Mhz CT25664AC667 DDR2 200-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory card arrived in the mail. I opened up and removed the small plastic cover on the bottom of my computer, released the clips holding the original supplied 1 GB memory card in place (when you release the clips, the card pops up for easy removal), replaced the original card with this one, replaced the cover, inserted the battery, and turned on the computer.



This new memory card was instantly recognized.



I did NOT have to press the F2 or F10 key. I do not know why some others had to do this (and I do not doubt their experiences) but, immediately after I installed the card and turned on the computer in the normal fashion, I checked the memory available - and there was my 2 GB of RAM showing.



The entire mechanical installation process is quite simple and straightforward. The only tool necessary is a small Phillips-head screwdriver (mine came in a screwdriver set from Dollar Tree!) to remove the screws. Please note that, for the Asus Eee PC 1000 line, there are several YouTube videos which show in detail the whole process which takes no more than two or three minutes. The hardest part? Carefully removing the plastic cover on the back of the computer. The screws remove easily but there are several internal plastic clips on the sides of the cover (not visible) which must be released gently so as not to break them (they do seem robust, however).



Once the cover is removed, actually removing and replacing the memory is simple.



I have used Crucial memory cards in other laptop computers over the years and I have always found them to be completely reliable.



Therefore I highly recommend this memory card, especially for Asus Eee PC 1000 owners. Crucial 2GB 256Mx64PC2-5300 CT25664AC667 DDR2 200-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory

This works perfectly in an Acer Apire One netbook computer. There are plenty of video instructions online on how to insert the memory. The good news is that the newer Aspire One's have a special memory door on the back of the computer, so there is no need to dissasemble the computer like in the videos. Just find the door with the memory symbol on it. It is one screw, pop the old one out and pop in the new one. This is a cheap way to double your memory in less than 5 minutes of installation.

...if putting in 2GB module in eee pc 1000 you need to restart computer after installing the RAM and keep pressing F2. then press F10 to accept the settings in the BIOS. now your eee pc will recognize the 2 GB module

yeah,.. plug and play... right

peace, scott

I bought this RAM due to the recommendation from Amazon to go along with my Samsung NC-10 netbook. This is not compatible RAM for your netbook. I have been having system crashes from the minute I installed the RAM. If you look at Crucial's website you will see it states that the compatible RAM for that netbook is DDR2 PC2-6400 * CL=6 * Unbuffered * NON-ECC * DDR2-800 * 1.8V * 256Meg x 64 which is not the same as this. I think the actual product is fine just not working with my NC-10. Just a heads up.

Bought the Acer Aspire One 10.1" D250 Kit at [...]. Very nice machine, good feature set and it works. It came with the usual 1-GB RAM installed. OK but obviously only just enough. Acer sort of claims 1-GB is the max the single slot can take, but every Acer hack website says it'll take 2GB and most say that this is the 2-GB module to use. There is some debate over whether you end up with the full 2-GB or whether the system will only recognize 1.5GB or so. More on that later. I've used Crucial Memory several times before for my PCs and it has always been an excellent performer - and for $32, what the hey. So 24-hours after I bought the Acer, I ordered the 2-GB RAM. Was going out of town so I asked for 2-day shipping. The module arrived the next day - whoa! thanks!



I printed out the system specs before I started. Yup, showed 1-GB installed. Took out 1-screw, popped the panel, swapped modules and 2 minutes later I powered up again. Quite a bit quicker to load the OS, but absolutely no indication or messages that anything had changed. Opened a couple of apps, definitely quicker. And, the real reason for buying the 2-GB, I shoot a lot of digi-pics and 1-GB took forever to load the image folders and bring up the thumbnails. The D250 does that a lot quicker now, Checked the system specs again - yup, all 2-GB showing and at work. So, all-n-all, very simple to do, and a distinctly faster machine with no hitches, glitches or hiccups. Still not blazing speed, but a noticeable improvement. May not make me deliriously happy; but the 1-GB would have eventually driven me crazy and I'd have done this out of frustration. A very good experience and a worthwhile investment. And really and truly, anyone can do it.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Macbook Pro Macbook Pro Macbook Pro