Monday 27 December 2010

Great Product - shipping scale, weighing scale


I have has this scale for 2 weeks now and it is horribly inaccurate. It is off up to 3 pounds. There is a button to "tare" the weight, hold the current weight, or turn the machine on. When you press the button, all is does is hold the current weight. When you do finally tare the weight, 9 times out of 10 it will not go to 0.0. It will go to 1.2 or higher. If I could give this no stars I would. It is a piece of junk!!!!! 50lb Digital Postal / Postage Shipping Scale Black

I bought the blue one off ebay. This thing is a completely worthless pile of plastic.



Sure, it weighs fine for me. But will it recognize the battery? Nope. Will it recognize a NEW battery? Nope. Will it turn on if it's cold in my apartment? Nada. I already returned one of these for similar problems.



Folks. Don't buy this thing.

I also wish I'd read reviews before buying this. I also bought the blue one on ebay without knowing anything about it. I've had it for about a week now and I haven't run into the battery problems that other people have had. It recognizes the battery; the AC adapter works just fine.



It took me quite a while to figure out how to use it because the instructions are not detailed enough and assume that you have experience with scales. When you first turn it on, it has the weight set to kg and I wanted to change it to pounds and ounces. I kept hitting the mode button to reset it like it says in the instructions but nothing was happening. I got frustrated and pressed it really hard and heard a beep. Turns out you have to press the button until you hear a beep. It doesn't say this in the instructions so it never occurred to me that I wasn't pressing hard enough.



After getting through the learning curve on this thing, I then tried to weigh the same item 6 times to see how accurate the reading is. Of those 6 weighings, only 2 of them matched exactly. The other 4 were off by anything like .6 oz to 1.6 oz. I'm a novice so I don't know what to expect from scales. Is a 1.6 oz difference an acceptable tolerance level for any scale? I would like to think that the weight ought to be the same no matter how many times you weigh it.



Overall, if I'd read the reviews before purchasing it, I would have looked for something else. However, given that I paid very little for it on ebay and that I'm going to be weighing things only occasionally, it works for my needs.

Works well, no problems. First item arrived broken, but there was evidence of rough treatment during shipping and delivery. Company replaced it without a problem and the replacement device works great.

This is a great scale at a very affordable price. I have been using it for 2 months and it has always been accurate. I'm still using the original batteries and haven't even had to plug it in yet. I don't know why others have had problems. Mine worked perfectly right out of the box.

Bought this scale in 2007. Works as expected. Not highly accurate, but is fine for our needs. I believe the people who list all the problems received either damaged scales due to shipping, or possibly a lemon that got away from the factory. In either case, they always have option of returning the product... Also, what do you want for $25.00? A precious metals scale? Good grief... - Beware - Weighing Scale - Shipping Scale - Poor Quality'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information