Tuesday 28 December 2010

Blu-ray 3d - samsung, video glasses


I have a Panasonic 3D and wear normal glasses , the Panny's never seemed to fit comfortably for my tastes... These feel great , secure on my face , they seem lighter on my nose than the panny's. Wearing glasses inside these felt great because they go snug around your head.You do have to set the glasses for your tv model , for some reason I thought it would automatically do it so that was a little bummer... you have to hold down the power and cycle the button until it matches your brand... it will remember it the next time so no big deal but if you do bring them to someone else's house you will have to remember how to do this or explain it to someone who is using them. My local theater is not xpand so I cannot try the cinema part but thats another setting too! so dont lose those instructions... So if your looking to buy a second or third 3d glasses for your rig consider these for its transportability and at least a change of pace from the glasses that your tv brand forces on you.

added 11/9/10 : Just played hours of Call of Duty black ops in 3D and it looked great! Xpand Universal X103 3D Glasses Compatible with Active 3D TV's, Black

I own a Mitsubishi WD-73C9 3D television and the 3DC-1000 3D starter pack (two 3D glasses and one emitter). I bought the XPand Universal X103 glasses because I need an extra set for guests. I turned the glasses on and instantly had 3D, I experienced no compatibility issues.

If you own a Mitsubishi TV and want to save $50 to 60$ I'd recommend buying 3DA-1 3D adapter pack (emitter) and two pairs of the XPand Universal X103 glasses.

We recently upgraded from a Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV to an LG LCD 3D TV (model LG55LX6500). It came with 4 LG glasses, which were not comfortable (I'm being nice...) anyways, the glasses didn't fit well and was giving me a headache. Having been familiar with Xpand (we had the X102's with the DLP link) we had high hopes for the X103 glasses, and so far we have been quite happy with these X103's.



We had a chance to compare the LG glasses that came with the TV and the X103's and you can really tell the difference. The X103's were not only lighter (way lighter) and more comfortable than the LG's, there was also less ghosting (this refers to the double images you see with 3D - which according to my genius of a husband - is mostly dependent on the TV or 3D quality), the X103's were quite a bit brighter as well.



We also tried the X103's at the ArchLight Cinema near our place. We brought our very own pair of X103 glasses, the ushers were not sure what to do at first, but we still ended up paying the 3D premium because as they explained, we are paying for the 3d cinema experience - not the 3D glasses. Overall everything worked out quite well. The X103's worked perfectly both in our living room and in the cinema.



So far we've had a great experience with these glasses. We love them! I think these X103's will be a hit. Hubby has been very happy playing Call of Duty in 3D, we've bought a couple of 3D Blu Rays, and we both can't wait for more 3D programming on TV (we have Uverse and they already have a 3D bundle in place, I know that my hubby can't wait for all of the college basketball coming up in 3D on ESPN). Now.. if only Dancing with the Stars is in 3D.. then life would be perfect!



Ohh by the way, anyone wanna purchase 4 LG paper weights?

I just recently bought a 46" Sony Bravia KDL46HX800 LED TV and opted to purchase two of these Xpand x103 glasses instead of the Sony Brand ones. I've been using them for about a week now and they are great! My girlfriend and I saw "IMAX: Grand Canyon Adventure: River at Risk" and couldn't believe how the images just popped off the screen for an amazing 3D effect.



It took me about 45seconds to configure them to be used with the BRAVIA and once in sync it just looked great. They do darken the TV's image a bit so be sure to turn up your TV's settings to extra bright in order to compensate. The x103's are pretty light and fit very comfortably. I think I've used them for 3hrs at a time (playing COD Black Ops on my PS3) and barely notice they're there. They'll leave a little red skin mark on the bridge of your nose after extended use.. but nothing serious. I didn't even notice it but my girlfriend pointed it out to me which then prompted me to notice it on her as well.



I'm pretty happy with my purchase and am glad that I didn't buy the Sony glasses. My friends are all gettting 3D TV's. With these universal glasses I can just go over and watch 3D entertainment on their Samsung, LG, Panasonic or any other manufacture brand without worrying about them having extra glasses.



As a side note, the packaging containing the glasses also includes three different comfort fit sizes (for your nose) and two additional batteries! Don't be mistaken like I did and figure these for elephant suppositories...It's just a funny plastic packaging. The glasses are also pretty easy to configure and if you enjoy First Person Shooters, GET A PS3 and pick up a copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops!



Hope this helps others - Video Glasses - Samsung - Blu-ray 3d - 3d'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • video glasses
  • ,
  • samsung
  • ,
  • 3d
  • ,
  • blu-ray 3d