Sunday 26 December 2010

Compact Fluorescent Bulbs - reading lamp, 27w


I tried to replace the original bulb in my Verilux desk lamp with this and discovered that the base is slightly different. As a result, it does not snap in when fully seated as the Verilux bulb does. At first it appeared to be working OK, but I later discovered that the loose fit causes frequent failures. You can get it going again by twisting it in the fixture, but it is likely to fail again the next time you turn it on. Verilux has you just where thay want you. See my customer image which shows the two side-by-side. Eiko 49315 - FML27/65 Double Tube 4 Pin Base Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb

These 27 watt replacement bulbs are hard to find in Montreal Canada and when you do find them, they are very expensive.

This item was reasonnably priced, shipped quickly, was very well packaged and works flawlessly, I'm a satisfied customer.

I can't believe though, that in 2009, Amazon still can not ship to Canada !!

Amazon Canada only sells books and CDs but no merchandise.

Thank goodness for Amazon marketplace .

I bought this FML27 bulb for my Sharper Image "Bright as Day" lamp and it does work in that lamp. The lamp has a dimming feature, but the Eiko bulb doesn't do a good job with this - it will dim somewhat and then go out at lower settings. As I never used the dim feature, it did not matter to me. The light from the bulb is fine and matches that of the original that Sharper Image provided.



I can't yet comment on longevity - if I find it dies early, I will update this review.



I will note that, after I ordered this, I saw an equivalent FML27 bulb at a local "big box" home improvement store.

I've owned the Grandrich lamp for years and when the bulb finally went out, I saw that Amazon was the place to go for the replacement bulb. After reading the reviews re: the Grandrich replacement bulb, I decided on this one. Was I ever pleased with its continued service. The flexible neck on the lamp combined with the Eiko bulb? The combo ROCKS! It is perfect hovering over my table when it is time to dismantle firearms for cleaning because the bulb is bright and the lamp neck is 'just right' wherever you aim it. For a relatively inexpensive lamp and high quality inexpensive bulb I am a "quite satisfied" user/owner.

The bulb was packaged securely and arrived quickly. No complaints here! Just a nice addition to a room already well lit with a four bulb, quick start flourescent fixture in the ceiling.

The product works fine, however, don't ever expect the bulb to last around 10,000 hours as they described. Mine died after less than 6 month which gives about 1500 hour lifetime only. 6 x 30days x 8hours/day = 1500 hrs - 27w - Florescent - Reading Lamp - Compact Fluorescent Bulbs'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information