Monday 27 December 2010

High Gain Antenna - high gain antenna, extra


I got rid of my puny original router antennas and replaced them with these macho ones! They work! I have Internets! I tested the signal all around my house and walked out with my laptop across the street and the signal was still broadcasting strong--so I figure it has a broadcast radius of approximately an acre now--maybe even more. (I figured the woods across the street from my house was a good border at which to stop testing) Wireless Routers Extend Range Antenna For Linksys DLink

I thought that I could just screw this onto the back of Linksys wireless router(replacing the antenna).



This antenna has some sort of base(and it can't be removed from it, like it can't be unscrewed). . .i think it's for a wireless card, not a router.



I repeat! This is NOT the item in the picture.

I was interested in boosting the signal to one of my PCs at home. I have a Linksys wireless ethernet card and the signal was 4 bars. The boss was complaining the signal was "too weak" for her shopping (aka- too slow upon checking out). So, I was in search of an upgraded wireless card but stumbled upon people simply upgrading their antennas instead. I found this one and thought I would give it a try. Very inexpensive way to boost a signal.

I received the single antenna about 3 days later. The company I purchased from thru Amazon, Jacobs Parts was very prompt and I received an email the same day that the item had shipped. Here we are today, I received the antenna and installed it within 3 minutes.When I removed the previous antenna from the wireless card, I noticed that the length of the original antenna was a couple of inches taller than the one I received today. I had some hesitation about switching them out, but decided to give it a try anyway. Once the old antenna was removed the signal on my PC dropped immediately. After replacing it with the new antenna, I had to go into the network settings and click on 'trouble shoot' the wireless adapter (Win 7 32-bit Ultimate). Windows found the card with the new antenna and within 1 minute it found the signal. The PC immediately had full bars and upon doing a speed test, I noticed an uninterrupted download / upload test. The PC seem to go thru pages faster. I believe this product works really well for the price...very effective!My next test is to purchase 3 of these antennas for my D-link router. I'm curious now to see my router signal / range will be improved / expanded with the use of these antennas...I will report once I make the purchase and install...Good Luck!!

This was perfect for our needs, setup was easy, and delivery was super fast. Just took it out of the mailing envelope it had shipped in, and screwed it in. It's as simple as that. It had my wireless card up and working again from across the house. Our old antenna had been broken for awhile and I finally got around to ordering a new one.

Despite the product's name, I bought it to replace a broken rubber duckie for a computer's wireless PCI card. At the price, figured I could afford to be wrong about whether it would fit the socket or work properly. Lucky me! It fit fine and works well with my N-band router. Note that it's pretty big and fat, longer and fatter than the one it replaced or the antennas on my router.

I had to find an antenna by itself to replace the one on a wireless card for a desktop PC that I had broken. This was exactly what I needed and once screwed into the back of the card I had my signal again. I can't comment on the range really because the computer is directly above the router which is in the basement, it holds a constant signal.

these things pick up a signal when they feel like it. i would have to play with them and the wireless router was in the next room. grew tired of the bull so i went and bought a wireless-n 300 netgear and its working sooo much better with no flaws and its easier to put in. - Antenna - Extra - High Gain Antenna - Wireless Antenna'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information