Friday 31 December 2010

Tomtom One 3rd Edition - tom tom one, tomtom


I originally ordered this for my Garmin GPS but with the cloth bag I can fit both my GPS and my XM satellite radio and they wont touch each other in the case. I love the little net for accessories. Very functional and good quality. USA Gear Hard Shell EVA GPS Carrying Case with Accessory Storage for GARMIN / TomTom / Magellan and other 4.3 inch GPS Navigation Systems

I saw the model numbers and assumed this case would be the exact size for my new Garmin 3790T. In fact, this as the new model is, I could fit at least 4 of them inside the case. Not only too large, the internal pouch for accessories is difficult to close with the short velcro tab that locks inside the pouch. Also, lateral elastic tapes make the case almost impossible to open wide. This is a general purpose case - not specific for the listed GPS models. Try something else.

I purchased this item as I had a Garmin damaged and wanted more carrying protection. It was a little more bulky than I had anticipated. I just happened to have a Case Logic Compact Portable Hard Drive Case from a portable hard disk drive. It is about 25 percent thinner, much more sturdier and fits the Garmin 3790 as if it were made for it. The price is about the same. Case Logic Compact Portable Hard Drive Case (Black)

This is the perfect case for the third edition TomTom One! Mine did not come with the bag, but came with a nice cloth to put over the screen so that it does not get scratched. The GPS fits perfectly in the case and then both fit nicely in my purse.



Be aware that the case holds the GPS only, do not expect it to hold the charger cord and mounting accessories too. I really don't think the extra space is necessary, I just like to keep the GPS itself safe when I am not in the car and this works perfectly for me!

The product itself is fine. However, it turned out to be made by Case Logic, which I could have bought for $12 in another place on Amamzon (or for $20 at a Target store)if I had known the brand. The brand name seems to purposefully have been deleted from the photo. I think that was sneaky of this vendor.

Although this is a nice case, it is either too large for convenience, or too small and lacking pockets for components. Go with a camera case with multiple compartments or slip the device into your pocket. - 3rd Edition - Tom Tom One - Tomtom - Carrying Case For Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • carrying case for garmin nuvi
  • ,
  • tomtom
  • ,
  • 3rd edition
  • ,
  • tom tom one