Saturday 25 December 2010

Gift Card Mall - gift card mall, sephora


I ordered a Sephora Gift Card on 11/25 to ship by 12/8. I sent a follow up e-mail on 12/10. The response on 12/15 said the card would ship in 2 to 3 days. I called on 12/21 and my order had not been processed. I was advised it would not be delivered by Christmas but there is a "no cancellation policy." Finally on 12/28, the gift card I ordered on 11/25 arrived, too late for the holiday gift intended. My personal advice is to avoid purchasing gift cards that are distributed by Gift Card Mall. Go with an Amazon card instead. Sephora Gift Card

I don't know what kind of sweatshop these guys are running, but I've had problems with them since day ONE--I tried to give them ZERO STARS, but I HAD to give them at least one (which is being generous, in my opinion). I ordered my cards well in advance, and they still did not arrive on time. When I called the company to figure out what the issue was, they sent my phone call to somewhere in India--I was put on hold numerous times while they scrambled around trying to figure out what was going on with an order they had sent. When they finally had some information, they GUARANTEED a delivery date--the date passed with NO cards in the mail whatsoever. Apparently, this 'company' (and I use that term very loosely) takes 2+ weeks to process and send out FAULTY orders.



When the individual DID receive the card it looked as though it had been used, and did not even WORK. When I explained to 'GiftCard Mall' what had happened, and told them that my mother said it looked like the card was in rough condition (the individual at the store the card was purchased for, in fact, confirmed the card HAD been reloaded--she had guessed it was multiple times from the shape the card was in), they implied that she was lying about it! The manager I spoke with on the phone was constantly interrupting me and trying to speak over me while I was trying to explain myself--trying to convince me that the United States Postal Service doesn't have tracking numbers. I told the manager that I was guaranteed a delivery date when I called previously, at the very least I expect a company to stick by the guarantees THEY offer, but apparently this company does NOT stick by their promises. The records they had of my previous conversation was entirely lacking, and instead of trying to resolve the issue the 'manager' (I say this because he was both condescending and unprofessional) then sent me off to get lost in the paperwork of some 'corporate office.'



I love Amazon, and I love the convenience of online shopping--I would have been a FREQUENT customer of GiftCard Mall, but this business isn't a business at all. These guys take your order and your HARD-EARNED MONEY, and then throw an old, previously used giftcard in the mail hoping it's the right store, with the right amount, going to the right location--if not, oh well! It will be your fault...but only because you still chose to order from them after reading this.



From now on, I will be buying my giftcards the old-fashioned way--if it ain't broke...

This 50.00 Sephora gift card came on time. It was during the hectic holiday season. When the card came in the mail, I just pulled it out of the envelope and inserted it into a gift box for my son's girlfriend. When the time came to use it, turns out, it needed to be activated before it could be used. Needless to say, I did not do this, and had egg on my face. I wrote to the seller and was promptly emailed another activation code, which I prompty did online, and the card was then ok to use. I did not know gift cards had to be activated, and did not take the time to look at it when came.



DF

I cannot tell you how excited I was to receive a gift card from Sephora; however, when I tried to use it at [...], the site informed me the gift card had not been activated yet. I called the Gift Card Mall's 800 number and spoke with a very pleasant representative who informed me that I would have to wait an additional 1-2 business days for the card to be activated. "Sometimes these cards aren't activated when they're sent out," she said. After that, she gave me a ticket number and I was told I would receive a call when the card had been activated.

I run my own business and let me tell you: this is some rather lackluster professionalism that Gift Card Mall is trying to pass off. Gift Card Mall, try to muster up some professionalism, okay?

I often give gift cards as gifts to friends, family and teachers because I like them to find something that they will definitely like or be able to use (and because I am one of those overly-scheduled people). I was not sure how well buying a gift card online was going to go since I usually buy gift cards at stores. The downside of buying gift cards at stores for your friends/family who live far away is the additional follow-up needed, e.g., buying a greeting card, getting the right amount of postage and then putting it in the mail. Buying online was SO convenient in those cases. I also liked having a variety to choose from. This time I bought a Sephora card for my sister's birthday but I expect I will be back for more since I am a last minute shopper and with the holidays right around the corner.

Purchasing gifts on the internet is always hard. No matter how detailed the photos and description are, you never REALLY know what your buying. I live far away from my mother and this was a perfect mother's d ay gift.

After reading reviews for Gift Card Mall I was hesistant about buying a card, but my sister adores Sephora and since I live overseas and can't purchase directly from the sephora web site without a US credit card or billing address I took a punt and purchased a card through Amazon. It arrived quickly and she had no problems using it. I love Amazon but the reviews for Gift Card Mall have been fairly poor across all their products (I also looked at reviews for their other cards), I guess I was just lucky that I didn't have a similar experience to other people. If I had the option of buying directly from these other retailers I might have done that, but things worked out well regardless. I hope Gift Card Mall improves its business as it has a great opportunity here with Amazon! - Sephora - Gift Card Mall'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • gift card mall
  • ,
  • sephora