Wednesday 29 December 2010

Free Weights - free weights, fitness


This is 1 hand weight, not a set of 2 hand weights. This is included in the product information, but I've gotten into a bad habit of reading reviews and not the product info. I'm giving it a low rating, because it seems intentionally misleading to offer only 1 weight instead of a set. Of course, after receiving the product, I ordered another to complete the set (which is probably the seller's goal, but it would be a hassle for me to return instead). I would not have chosen this product for the price if I had realized it wasn't a set.



However, if you only need one weight, this one seems like a nice quality. Cap Barbell Neoprene Dumbbell (Purple, 5-Pound)

I bought this dumbbell under the immpression that it was sold as a pair. Not the case, I only received one dumbbell. Also, the condition was heavily used. The neoprene was ripped in several places. The website listed the condition as used-like new. I have never reviewed any of the products I have boughten on amazon before. But this is such a rip-off I felt I needed to warn others who may be considering this dumbbell.

I thought the purchase was for a pair (2 weights) !!

Bottom line: it's too expensive for just one dumbell compared to a local sports store (where I had previously purchased 5# neoprene weights).



Also the 2nd one was a slightly different color. Not a big deal, but annoying.

It's a pretty self-explanatory product... neoprene dumbell. bc it's neoprene, it has a nice grip and protects the weight.

I purchased two of these weights and the color does not match between the weights. They look like two different shades of purple. It's not a big deal, but a little irritating. Try the Body Solid vinyl dumbbells instead.

I purchased a set of these 5 lbs. dumbbells to use with a couple of workout DVD's I recently bought. They are wonderful. They neoprene makes them easier to grab and the hexagonal shape prevents the weights from rolling around when you place them on the ground. These weights aren't designed to help build a huge amount of muscle mass, but when added to a cardio workout, they do help with the muscle toning of one's arms. I've had these weights for about a month now and really enjoy using them. I plan to soon switch over to the CAP grey 6lbs. dumbbells.

Ths dumbell is fine and showed up on time, however it is only 1 dumb bell. I thought it was 2. I thought dumb bells came in sets, so it's a little expensive when your package shows up and there's only 1. Not sure what you'd do with only one...I had to order another.

Caution--This price is for a single weight. It never occurred to me the weight was a singleton, since dumbbells are always sold in pairs. I thought the price was a good value, but now that I've had to buy a second one, it's actually quite expensive! Should have bought at Target...

The weight itself seems nice, but I feel the description should make clear it is only one weight, as most customers are likely expecting two. - Free Weights - Hand Weights - Fitness - Exercise'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • free weights
  • ,
  • hand weights
  • ,
  • exercise
  • ,
  • fitness