Sunday 26 December 2010

Facial Hair Remover - facial hair, hair remover


I own an Epicare and R.E.M. and thought I'd try this one because it is so much cheaper in price. It works great! It's a bit shorter than the R.E.M. and because of that it handles better for me. I love this product. I use it in the restrooms in between my classes when I am short of time. I have sensitive skin, but the reddness disappears after about 5 minutes. It does hurt at first, but then it is so much better than tweezing one hair at a time, or spending the time messing with waxing. Facial Hair Remover Threading Beauty Tool with FREE Black Velvet Pouch

I thought, what do I have to lose since I do use a threading device on a regular basis. I found the spaces on the *spring* to be too far apart, unlike the more expensive ones. To the naked eye, they apear to be the same, except a little shorter in length, but it just doesn't do the same quality of job of the Epicare product. I have purchased all makes out there and this didn't extract any hair, but a few. YES, I know how to use them, unfortunately. It also didn't arrive in it's *free* black velvet pouch.

Pros:

It arrived fast and as described.

The black velvet cloth case was included so I'm not sure why some have commented it didn't come with.

This product is super affordable and works just as good as the pricier competitors.

I found it super easy to use. If uncertain there are videos online you can search.

Safe to use as often as you want.

Removes hair at the root so hair takes longer to grow back.



Cons:

Ouch factor:

-I'm used to the way threading feels and this was still pretty painful the first couple of times. That is probably because it is so thorough.

You cannot use it on eyebrows.

-This product is made to take out large sections of hair not small areas so you cannot do the detailing required for brows.

Can be time consuming

-I thread my whole face and the first time it took me about 40 min to get as hair free as I wanted. Now I just do touch ups but it is not the fastest method out there



It did everything I'd hoped. Hair removal at the root that is easy and sanitary. I recommend cleaning tool with alcohol before and after. the only reason I rate it less than 5 stars is because it can be so time consuming.

Unlike the previous reviewer, my facial hair is not so fine. Myspring It does work wonders, though it is not pain-free. I found a little topical anesthetic (such as baby oragel) works to minimize the sting. It is much faster than tweezing, and lasts longer than shaving.

Well first I bought this item on ebay for 2 bucks, and it didn't come with the pouch (probably why it was cheaper)



Anyway, just as it is with every manual device, it's about technique. I'll try to explain it, but if I don't explain it well just go on Youtube and hopefully there's a helpful video. Lots of beauty gurus and whatnot there who have used this item.



When you are holding it, hold it in a "U" shape or even a LITTLE wider. Turn it OUTWARDS (clockwise... noon to 6? lol) then move it up, then turn it inwards and go DOWNWARDS. It takes some time but if you do it correctly, your hair should be caught in the springs and you will pull it out from the root.



I used this on my upper lip (which surprisingly didn't hurt as much as I thought it would... that area is very sensitive to me), my chin and cheeks, and a little near the side burn area. If you get the hang of it, it's really addicting. It didn't hurt anywhere which I am shocked at. You can feel the hair pulling but it isn't as painful as threading or waxing. I've threaded (the art of threading, not this item) my own facial hair before and the spring is more faster because you get multiple hairs caught in one pull.



VERY IMPORTANT BEFORE DOING THIS : Well, when I'd thread I'd wash my face but I'd still get bumps which have me stopped threading, I wasn't sure if the thread had some sort of dirt on it and it would get into my pores.



I didn't want to have this happen with the spring, so what I did was clean the spring with RUBBING ALCOHOL. I put some in bowl, but the spring in, had it a little opened and closed, making sure the alcohol got IN the springs (where you'll be doing your work) then WASH IT OFF WITH WATER. Make sure it's clean. When it comes to your face, wash it thoroughly (or exfoliate, whichever you prefer or do), then USE A TONER (it can be alcohol or non-alcohol, as long as it cleans your face). After you use it, wash again. This will have your face CLEAN and the spring will also be clean. This will not give you bumps. Redness maybe inevitable, but have a calming lotion or a moisturizer, something that will heal after your facial hair removal (shea butter maybe, anything HEALING).



Also don't lick your face or anything, I know it sounds silly, but the bacteria will only irritate and possibly make the area black.



Keep cleaning the device, and cleaning your face. It's important no dirt gets in your pores and creates bumps. Also get as close as possible because this does pull the hair out from the roots, which is what you want.



The spring I think is strong, but the handles are plastic. Just take cares of it, keep cleaning, etc. Even if it breaks it's just another 2 bucks. This beats waxing and going to the salon all the time.

I saw the Bellabe advertised and was about to buy it when I saw this model which appears to work exactly the same way. I just got it this morning. I can honestly say that my upper lip is now quite smooth and free of hair. But it was not pain free.



I'm still working with it, but it seems to be great at removing the fine, downy hairs that .... ahem... some women of a certain age find sprouting on our chins and cheeks.



It takes a few minutes to get the hang of this, but in less than 10 minutes, I'd figured it out finished my upper lip. I see from youtube examples that if you use this regularly, it becomes less painful. I think it's worth the sting but hope the other reviewers are right. - Facial Hair - Threading - Hair Removal - Hair Remover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • hair remover
  • ,
  • hair removal
  • ,
  • threading
  • ,
  • facial hair