Monday 27 December 2010

Miniplug To Rca Adapter - y cable, audio


For those who are not sure what this product does...it connects a single headphone jack (found on portable audio equipment) to right/left audio jack connectors on an audio receiver. So if your looking to hook up say your mp3 player or portable cd player to the receiver of your home stereo system look no further, you've found the right product.



I use this Belkin splitter to attach my muvo (mp3 flash player) and ,sometimes, my mp3 portable iriver cd player to my stereo system. Works great. I don't have a problem with the connection being loose, but I don't have an ipod to test this out with. My mp3 cd players and the few flash mp3 players I've tried work fine with this. Belkin, as usual, offers a quality product.



Cheap, works well, recommended. Belkin Audio Y Cable Splitter 1-Mini Plug/2-RCA Plugs (6ft)

I purchased this splitter because I have tv shows on my laptop that I would rather watch on my 42'' Plasma HDTV, and unfortunately S-video cables don't transmit sound as well as video. So I bought this, plugged it into the headphone jack on my laptop and into the Audio inputs on my tv, and low and behold it worked like a charm! Finally I don't have to watch on a big screen while listening to the speakers on my laptop...

Don't let them fool you.



I love those endearing geeks at the Apple store as much as the next guy, but- I swear- they'll look you straight in the eye and try to convince you that you need to spend lots of cash if you want to play your iPod through your stereo.



And you do need to play your iPod through your stereo. Once you've gotten into the spirit of things, once you've spent those lonely hours crafting your playlists, you can't go back to shuffling CDs for your guests. At this point I have my "Warming Up" playlist, which transitions to the "Early Happening" list, then "Now We're Cooking" and finally the "Cooling Down" playlist. I even got carried away and made my Shiva playlist. In the completely unexpected and unfortunate event of my premature death ["God forbid! Khas Vesholem!" then spitting three times], please check my iPod for a list to play on shuffle mode during the nights of intense mourning. Enjoy the tunes. Some are meant to tug at the heart strings but others are a rollicking good time. Turn to each other and remark on what a shame it is, "of all people, Marc would have enjoyed this the most."



I got off topic there, sorry, but the point is, you need these cords to play your iPod or MP3 player through your stereo, but that's all you need. Now I know there are audiophiles out there who will argue the importance of spending a lot more money on a product that is better sound quality. I have a buddy who talks about this stuff all the time. He told me that, even the overtones that are out of the range of human hearing need to be transmitted faithfully because your body can feel the difference in the vibrations. He said it with such authority that I believed him. You know the type. He takes over the bar at parties because he knows the exact right way to mix drinks. He can talk endlessly about barbecue sauce. But, one day, he told me he really likes that really insipid James Blunt song. He even argued that it was well written. I try not to be judgmental but I just can't take him seriously anymore. Anyway, I don't get worked up about sound quality. It wasn't that long ago that we all listened to music on tapes with that hissing background noise, or listened to LPs with their pops and scratches, and it was fine. Just tune into the music and don't worry about the other stuff, take some breaths, work on your radical acceptance skills and you should be okay.

Cable works great and the length is just right for what I intended to use it for. With most cable purchases, it is strongly recommended that the buyer know exactly what length is needed. Too long and it gets bulky and cumbersome, not to mention it doesn't look great to have cables tangled everywhere. Too short and you'll be buying yet another cable.



I found this cable to be really useful for connecting my PC to a home theater TV system. Most PC's come with the standard DVI port and that hooks up to a flat-screen via a DVI/HDMI connector. HDMI can transmit/receive both digital video and audio. Unfortunately, the PC DVI port only transmits digital video.



This cable will solve that conundrum by allowing the audio from the PC to go to a home theater system that has the Red/White (also called the L/R or R/L, I don't recall) port to be connected. Just hook up the black 3.5 mm jack to the PC audio-out and the Red/White to the sound system and the connection's done.



Some work on the home theater or flat-screen settings may need to happen. This does take some thinking of and visualisation of the setup to be done, preferably before any work's done. Once it's done, you've got an internet TV setup w/o buying any special electronics besides the PC, flat-screen and maybe the home theater sound system. - Ipod Accessories - Audio - Cable - Y Cable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information