Saturday 25 December 2010

Iphone Speakers


I'll be honest...I hate buying stuff online sometimes. I hate going off reviews and depending on what other people's experiences were or media hype that goes along with every product under the sun, especially when it comes to audio equipment. Everything has to be taken with a grain of salt.



Now, I am neither an audio snob nor am I the person that doesn't care what my music sounds like just as long as I have some. I've learned that everything depends on the environment a particular person is situated in...whether it be some cavernous mansion or a rinky dink studio apartment. For me, I wanted something for my bedroom, not necessarily portable, but something with quality that thumped when needed to, and sparkled when listening to acoustic tracks without compromising performance. This unit surprised me. While I've gone to Best Buy, Fry's, Radio Shack, among other places to test ipod docks, on a whim, and against my better judgement, I decided on this dock. Don't ask me why. After all, I just had a negative review that had to do with, apparently, a bad product. I just figured Acoustic Research had done it's research and came up with something good. And that they have.



The little details are great: clock that you can adjust the brightness of (something I didn't really care about), sleep function, charging capabilities, internal rechargeable battery for taking the unit on the go (haven't tried this feature out yet), and the motorized pop-out docking mechanism. But it's the sound that surprised me. I was fully prepared to return this to Fry's to wait for the Altec-Lansing boombox to be available. I will not be doing that, since this thing's a keeper. The sound is great; I listen to a wide spectrum of music: house, drum n bass, rock, reggae, salsa, R&B, hip-hop, and while I haven't tried every genre just yet, I have yet to find something that will not sound good on this. Bass bumps with 2Pac and Basement Jaxx, guitars sparkle with Jack Johnson, and no distortion or muddiness when listening to some Lenny Kravitz. All in all, this speaker dock surprisingly satisfies everything I was looking for...and I'm the most indecisive person on the planet. Definitely recommended. Acoustic Research Portable iPod/iPhone Docking System

Since I was getting an iphone for Christmas I thought a docking station would be the bomb. The station has a lot of nice features, the battery is constantly being charge while being plugged in which makes it reliably portable. It charges the phone the entire time it is plugged in, while playing music. My biggist draw back was the music quality. I say a review on a local TV station which I trusted to buy the product but to my dismay it sounds very cheap. Some of my downloaded songs have a horrible whining when hitting high notes. I had to unplug my phone and get the item ready for return shipment.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Iphone Speakers Iphone Speakers Iphone Speakers