Monday 1 June 2009

Perfect For Travel - surge suppressors, surge protectors


I noticed that some friends had their laptops protected by the Tripp Lite SPIKECUBE so I went onto Amazon for more information. The price (<$10 delivered) and the reviews sold me. I bought three of these surge protectors. I've used Tripp Lite before. I have one of their Home Theater power centers, which I love, so I thought it only fitting to purchase this product. It's an inexpensive way to get protection for valuable computer/electronics equipment.



It's perfect for travelers because it provides protection for your laptop while on the road, and it's small enough to fit in your laptop case, or luggage. You cannot go wrong. Tripp Lite SPIKECUBE 1 Outlet Direct Plug In Surge Protector (540 Joules)

I was looking for a single outlet surge suppressor for a new treadmill. This one is just what I wanted. Grounded (3-prong), has a light to indicate that the suppression is still active, fairly unobtrusive. Tripp-lite is a quality name and I am happy with this product.

Read the reviews and this product seemed well recommended.



Bought three after a lightning storm knocked out our power and the freezer's condenser along with it.



Use one for the (new!) freezer, one for the refrigerator, and one for the laptop.



Delivered within a week just in time for another storm and power loss. No problem this time. I'm happy.

I'm not sure how these perform in a actual surge but I've been impressed with Tripp Lite in the past. The craftsmanship exceeds most expectations. These are a must have for my exercise equipment even though I unplug them if not in use. They are powerful, small and don't take up the whole outlet like others. GREAT BUY!

After losing both my wireless router and my cable modem to a power surge during an electrical storm, I started looking for an inexpensive surge protector. I wanted one that would do the job, but wouldn't get in the way. I did quite a bit of research and ended up buying several of these for new router, modem, new cordless phone system, etc. After several months, I've not lost a single device, despite a few electrical storms and intermittant power outages.

I wanted a simple, unobtrusive surge protector for my wall-mounted TV and the Spikecube was perfect. It's a little bit bigger than a cell phone charger wall adapter so it doesn't take up much space, but it offers the same protection as a decent power strip with surge protection.



In Southern California, we don't really have any big storms so we usually don't have to worry about power surges, but I still feel safer when my expensive electronics are protected. Fortunately, I've never had to rely on them though.



My only complaints are the big, glowing status indicator and the direction that the only outlet faces. I'd prefer if the status light weren't so big, but it's not hard to hide the Spikecube behind a potted plant or something like that. The outlet faces directly outward so any heavier plug or power brick will make the whole setup extends straight out of the wall about 4 or 5 inches. It'd be much better if the plug were angled facing slightly upwards or downwards.



Overall though, these are small issues. Tripp-Lite makes some of the most reliable surge protectors so this 750 joule unit is probably better than the cheapo no-name 1000 joule power strips.

It's just a surge protector. Nothing special about it, but the little thing works great. The only complaint I could possibly make is that it's a bit ugly. The orange light is obnoxious.

Regardless, I would recommend this to anyone.

I purchased this for my garage door opener. Whenever there was a power surge, the garage door would automatically open, creating access for anyone to take anything in my garage -- causing concern for when I am gone for the day or on vacation.



I needed something that was small since the plug is on the ceiling of my garage. Since plugging the garage opener into the surge protector, I haven't had any issues with the door opening involunatarily since.

I recently purchased a treadmill from a local store and the instructions say multiple places you need to use a power surge protector. I looked at the ones for sale at the store and they were all extremely high dollar, I'm talking upwards of $25. I went on Amazon and found this one for under $10 and it was the exact same item for the most part that they had at the local store. I went ahead and ordered it and the next day it arrived using amazon prime shipping. The item was packaged well, a very small box. After opening up the package and plugging it in I verified the light was on and it was, I plugged my treadmill in and started using it, thing works perfect and now my $600 investment is safe!



This looks good, doesn't feel cheap and look to do the job just fine. I recommend it so far, although can't ever tell when you'll have a power surge. - Power Protection - Surge Protectors - Perfect For Travel - Surge Suppressors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information