Monday 28 June 2010

120 Hz Refresh Rate - hdtv, hdmi


I was skeptical at first especially since I had bought an $80 HDMI cable to go with my new 61" Samsung TV. I waited for this cable to arrive then compared the picture (didn't care about sound since I was using the optical input) by swapping the cable. I spent an about an hour comparing the two cables and could not tell between the cables. The cable appears to solidly built and of good quality. Its bandwidth rate of 10.2 Gbps is higher then most of the "High end" HDMI cables on the market. Needless to say the $80 HDMI cable was returned and I'm going to buy at least one more of these cables to go with the PS3 I'm about to buy. High Speed HDMI Cable (10 feet)

There are some less expensive choices than this cable, and many much more expensive. This one is better built than most, with a thicker cable. It also has larger grips for the plugs, so make sure you have about 3" clearance. The cool red accent color sets it apart.



CNET tested HDMI cables and found no performance differences. Basically, it is digital in, digital out. The "certified" cables are indeed tested, but maybe those not tested would perform the same.

These cables are thick (but not too thick) and they are well built. The Amazon picture is not 100% correct as these cables have ferrite cores (shielding for interference) on both ends of the cables. The cable connector ends aren't too thick as they fit into the back of my Samsung PN58B860 plasma screen which has a max allowable thickness of .55inch (14mm). I have uploaded a photo of this. This photo also shows two 6ft CrazyOnDigital HDMI cables. The 10ft cable is being used to show 1080p content from a TViX media processor and is working very nicely. One of the 6ft cables is used to show 1080i content from a Dish network 622 receiver. The other 6ft cable is used to show 1080p (upconverted 480p) content from an Oppo DVD player. Overall, I'm very happy with these cables and I would buy them again as needed from this vendor.

I was talked into getting a monster HDMI cable for my new TV from a major electronics store where I live for 10 times the price of this cable but when I pluged it in I saw no difference at all between this extreemly well built cable and the so called Monster cable none at all so I returned it for a full refund all you are paying for is the name (Monster)and in my opinion the name isn't worth anywhere near what they charge for Monster.

I bought 2 Mediabridge cables to connect my PS3 and cable box, and both broke within a month. Don't buy those things....they're terrible! Picture and sound quality was fine for a while but they're connectors are really flimsy where they connect to the wire. This cable was far superior in it's construction (at least from the outside). The connectors are far more flexible where they meet the cable itself and don't feel like they're going to start make crakling noises when they bend a little. That was the last sound I heard when those Mediabridge pieces of junk broke. Both the picture and sound quality with these cables is perfect, especially on BluRay. I cannot imagine that a $100 cable could possibly perform any better. We will see how these hold up, but I am very happy with the quality of this cable so far. One thing that isn't shown in the picture are two cylindrical clip-on things attached towards each end of the cable. I think they help avoid inteference, but I'm not sure. They must be good for something!

Affordable but I never got to use it. Plugged it into the TV and to test it and when I pulled it back out the whole metal end came off and stayed in the TV. I had to get pliers to pull the end out of the TV. There was no fixing it. It had to be trashed.

I purchase this cable to replace a 6 footer which works just fine. The new 10 foot cable, although it looks good, will not work. I get zero signal through it: contiplating doing a continuity test but not worth my time. The Fry's 6 footer is back in service, works well, and next time I go there I will buy a 10 footer from them for a few more dollars. - Blu-ray - 1080p - Hdtv - Hdmi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • 1080p
  • ,
  • blu-ray
  • ,
  • hdmi
  • ,
  • hdtv