Saturday 26 June 2010

Accessory Kits - holster, accessory kits


I have been a blackberry user since 2000 and switched to an iphone 3GS earlier this year. One of the things I miss is a holster because I hate having something in my pocket bulging so I did my research and found that Seidio also makes it for the iphone. I bought it for my 3GS and with a little bit of shaving the inside lip, I was able to use it with an invisible shield.



I upgraded my 3GS to an iphone4 and it was natural to look for seidio to make a case/holster combo. Pre-ordered it from Amazon and received it yesterday. I must say that I'm impressed with the fit and finish of the case. Buttons and ports are easily accessible and although not as easy to holster like the 3GS due to the iphone4 squarish design, I can still put it on the holster without looking.



My only gripe with the case is that it is not as thin as the 3GS innocase so it adds a little bit of mass to the iphone4.



10/08/10 update: The rubberized coating of the case is peeling off where it contacts the holster on the side. Very disappointed with Seidio. I replaced the case with the Griffin case I received from Apple for free and fits the holster nicely. The Griffin has a thinner profile and not as bulky as the Seidio.



I high discourage potential buyers to stay away from this product. If you really want a holster, get it separately and buy a different case. I have few friends and relatives who uses cases on their iphone 4 and the one that fits good are Griffin reveal etch, ifrogz luxe, speck fitted. Seidio SURFACE Case and Holster Combo for iPhone 4 (Black) (Fits AT&T iPhone & Verizon iPhone)

I had the Innocase II for my 3GS...Loved it. I ordered this one for my iPhone 4 with great anticipation. To get to the point, it fits so tight that it is nearly impossible to remove the bottom section. I purchased this model for my need to remove the bottom section to place my iPhone into a speaker charging dock. I called Seidio and told them I was having dificulty removing it and they treated me like a 5 year old. It shouldn't be that dificult to remove a piece of plastic and the instructions are extremely simple. There is just zero room between the back of the phone and the case to allow the clip to separate easily.



By literally having to pry the case off I also bubbled up my invisible shield screen protector. At least Zagg stands behind their product 100%. I would keep the case and just file down the clip if it didn't interfere with the front shield so badly.



If you had a need to separate the case often, or have a screen protector...beware.

I use my iPhone for work. When someone at work introduced to Seidio Innocase Combo Hard Case and Holster for the 3G/s iPhone, I immediately loved it. The 3G/s case was sleek and durabale. The shell that held the 3G phone was excellent quality and sturdy without being too bulky. The holster was the best on the market in my opinion.



Fast forward to the release of the iPhone 4, I receive my iPhone4 and I order my Seidio Innocase and holder like I had for my 3G/s. This time, its not so great. The holster still works great but here are my issues with the rest of the combo:



1. The shell for the phone is loose around the edges.



2. When I placed my phone inside the shell, it caused my protective screen to bubble. I had to file down the inside of the shell to stop this problem.



2. The rim of the shell around the face of the phone is also bulky.



3. Lastly, the edges where my I clip my phone in the holster is starting to chip and show wear. I have only my combo hard case and holster for two weeks.

I bought this Seidio Innocase II Surface Case & Holster Combo after my Splash CRUISER Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Slider Case + Belt Clip Holster Combo broke after less than 2 months of use. Although I had owned a Seidio case for my Palm Treo phone and loved it, I did not have high expectations for this case based on the luke warm review it got on Amazon. However, what I got was a great case that was very functional, well designed and many times better quality than the Splash Cruiser case and holster. First, unlike the Splash Cruise case which kept coming off at the bottom, this Seidio case locks the two pieces in tightly so that it does not come off easily. In fact, if anything, it is so tight that I am afraid to try to take the bottom piece off as I think I may break it in the process. Also, the holster is much better designed and the phone clicks securely in place. One criticism that I saw on the Seidio case was that it did not provide good customer support. Although I can't speak on that yet as I have not needed to contact Seidio, the Splash Cruiser customer support in comparison was terrible. I would rather have a product where I don't need to contact customer support than have a product that is poorly designed as the Splash Cruiser was, contact the customer support and get unhelpful advice followed by no further assistance. I am so far very happy with the Seidio case and I think this will be my final case & holster choice for my iPhone 4. - Holster - Accessory Kits'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information