Thursday 24 June 2010

Screen Protectors - screen protector, lcd protection


Good:

- The protector is semi-rigid which (1) made it much easier to install w/out air bubbles and (2) seems like it will protect the screen very well.

- Easy to install once you realize which layer is which. Not super sticky, so can be pulled up and repositioned half way through installation if you get the alignment off.

- Been using it for about two weeks now and cannot even tell it's there

- No noticeable difference in the capacitive touch screen.

- Good fit

- finger prints are not as noticable



Bad:

- There is really no anti-glare feature at all. The screen is nearly as glossy as before.

- A little tricky to peal off the top layer after installation and I ended up pulling off the whole thing. I couldn't tell at first if the main protector was the rigid piece or the top-most layer. Note that the top layer is very thin and not rigid like the protector itself. Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for HTC Google Nexus One

Some of the earlier reviewers have stated that this screen creates a pixellated effect, separating the colors. I believe these individuals may have missed one of the steps in the installation process. Specifically, you must peel off the back and stick the screen in place; then once it is in place, there is a SECOND layer of protective plastic that you must peel off the top surface. If you don't peel off that second layer of plastic, you will see horrible pixellations and moire effects. Furthermore, that second layer of protective plastic scratches easily too. But once you peel that outer layer off, everything is crystal clear and very scratch-resistant.



However, I experienced a different problem. As other reviewers have stated, this screen is a stiff plastic with a residue-free silicone adhesive. This means that if your screen has the tiniest, most microscopic spec of dust on the surface, the spec of dust will create a little "bubble area" under the screen about a millimeter in diameter. And of course, you can't push this bubble away because the spec of dust is still there, creating a pocket of air around it.



I wasn't installing this in a dusty environment, but I simply could not get my screen clean enough to avoid these little bubbles. The package included five screens, and I went through four of them in my attempts to get a clean installation. For the moment I am living with the bubbles until I can decide whether to buy more of these or buy a different product.

I have always had terrible luck applying screen protectors. That is why I typically don't waste my time with them. I didn't expect much for $1.43. Honestly I am impressed. The application only took 30 sec and I had zero bubbles, defects etc. This product works perfect. I honestly could not even tell if it was on my phone or not. Super thin, almost invisible, very cheap and very easy to apply. There is no reason not to buy this product. The Nexus One is a $500+ super phone, so why not spend $1.43 on a screen protector that actually works. Not buying this product is like buying a Bentley and refusing to pay for a car wash.

I agree with other people giving top feedback. I have had always issues with protectors, maybe too shiny or too rubbery, etc. This one, man is like is not there. Is awesme. I have had it on for 7 months and just about now am going to install the 2nd one (of three in the package). Came to this page to buy more before they are gone for good.



Good buy. Seriously.

Only positive thing I can say is that the screen cover attached very easily.



First problem noticed immediately. Screen looks pixelated not crisp as it was without the screen.

Second problem noticed hours later. The adhesive does not stick very well and the screen scratches extremely easily. Its only be on for 24 hours and I am going to take it off it is completely useless



Do not waste your money on these.

I've been using it for a month or so, and it's done its job well so far.



Pros:

+ Doesn't seem to affect touch sensitivity.

+ Surface is so smooth, it almost makes it easier to "touch-and-drag" than without the protector.

+ Awesome price!

+ Three guards per order! ...Though I can't see as I'll ever have need for more than one.



Cons:

- I bought these because I failed to correctly apply the guard that came with my Case-Mate case protector. No matter what I did, there was always a small air pocket at the very top of the screen. These guards are nearly, if not entirely, identical to that one. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a production flaw with my phone. These protectors are designed to _exactly_ cover the entire screen... perhaps on my phone the rubber around the edge of the screen overlaps a little too far? I don't know. Whatever the cause, my protector has a very small pocket of air at the very top. Nonetheless, it hasn't been a big issue so far.

- I think the guard tends to accumulate finger oil a little more than the regular screen did. Again, not a huge issue.

- The guard is very reflective. It's harder to see the screen when outdoors.



Overall, I'm happy with the product. I may try some other brand in the future, mainly to see if I can find one that's less reflective. But this is getting the job done for now. - Nexus - Screen Protectors - Lcd Protection - Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • lcd protection
  • ,
  • screen protector
  • ,
  • nexus
  • ,
  • screen protectors