Wednesday 30 June 2010

Carpel Tunnel - ergonomic, mousepad


Before buying this, I saw some of the reviews mentioning the curling on the edges, but my previous 3M mousepad was very similar to this one, and was great, so I hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the curling began immediately after taking it from the box. It curls up enough on the top and left and right sides to just about slide a pencil underneath. This makes it annoying, less attractive, and prone to getting crumbs, dust, etc accumulating under it, but it's not really problematic for actual mousing. I've tried counter-curling the edges by rolling them in the opposite direction, but it doesn't really help.



Overall, pretty disappointing after how happy I was with my older version.



12/19/10 Update: No luck getting it to flatten out. Now 3 months after my original review, the mousepad continues to curl up more and now has about a half inch gap on the right side of the pad. It's become annoying and problematic enough that I'm giving up and tossing this out. Meanwhile, my now-shabby 4 year old 3M mousepad still works fine (and flat) on my kid's computer. I'm really disappointed and subtracting another star. 3M Large Mouse Pad with Gel Wrist Rest, Black Leatherette, Antimicrobial Product Protection (MW310LE)

Bad: arrived warped. The original packaging does not keep it flat. The warping inhibits mouse movement near the edges. Used two heavy dictionaries in an attempt to flatten. Let the pad sit under the weight for about 2-3 weeks, however still warped! Difficult to get back to a flat surface. Good: Pad is comfortable. Surface is slick for mice. Provides pretty good space left to right, BUT the warping negates that extra space on the sides.

I just got this mouse pad today and am already very happy with it. It is designed to be used with an optical mouse and it works so much better than using a desk surface or fabric covered mouse pads. Some have complained that it is curved a bit at the edges but it is not a problem for me since my mouse is more responsive now. I am moving it less. It's a non-issue for me. Not sure how it works with a track ball mouse.

Having used the cheap mouse pads for years - either the free giveaway mouse pads or the cheap mouse pads found at office supply stores, I was pleasantly surprised by the 3M Precise mouse pad. It truly makes a difference that is noticeable - when using MS Office, a web browser, or when gaming. This mouse pad actually makes the mouse more precise and also faster. The surface of the mat is a bit small, in my opinion, but it allows you to amplify small mouse movements, so that the surface is actually quite large enough. I down-rated it one star because of the curving complaint listed below - the edges only curve up slightly, but it can be annoying until you get used to it - and because the gel wrist rest is a bit too firm for my tastes. Overall, I would rate this product as well worth the money. - Ergonomic - Mousepad - Mouse Pads - Mouse Pad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information