Tuesday 29 June 2010

Garmin Nuvi 360 - dashboard mount, garmin


Amazon shows this as an accessory for the Garmin C340. I bought the C340 and this dash mount relying on Amazon's representations. The mount does not fit the C series gps. I tried to communicate the problem to Amazon and the third time they acknowledged indicating the proper department would be notified so the misleading representation could be reviewed. The return was a problem and I had to complain to get the amount of purchase credited. I'm out $8.00 return shipping plus the runaround, and it's Amazon's fault I got the wrong mount. Guess what? The page is still incorrect. Don't buy this dash mount for the C series, it takes a special mount and you will pay for Amazon's mistake. Garmin Beanbag for Portable Friction Mount for Garmin GPS Units (Beanbag Only - Mount not Included)

I bought this item so I would have some portability with my GPS V Deluxe. After having it for a couple of weeks now and using it every single day in three different vehicles, I must say that I am very satisfied. As stated in the description, the mount has four bean-filled "wings" that act as weights and stabilizers for the mount. The bottom of the mount has a grippy rubberized/neoprene type lining that acts as a high-friction material for the dashboard. The internal structure of the mount (including the bean-filled "wing bags") is made of some type of flat metal. This metal "core" enables you to gently mold or form part of the mount to accomodate drastic contours of a dash.



I have used this in a Chevy truck, Ford Explorer and a Chevy car without any issues whatsoever. I have never had the unit slide, even a little, during cornering or acceleration. I don't know how it would do in a high performance car with a wild driver, but it does just fine with normal everyday driving for me.



The mount comes out of the box ready to use. The plastic mount for the GPS unit is already attached and you simply use your existing car mount (which should be already attached to your GPS) and pop the GPS on there. This mount is identical to the dash mount that comes with GPS units, only that this mount is attached to a weighted friction pad and bean-filled bags.



I highly recommend.

This product works exactly as advertised. I mounted my Nuvi 360 to it using the Automotive Mount. So far, I have used the friction mount in three different vehicles, two of them trucks. With some rather rough roads and sharp turns, the mount has not slipped or moved from it placed position. It's quick to remove the Nuvi from the mount and take it with you. The friction mount is designed to stay fixed on a lot of surfaces with different shapes. I can't imagine a situation in a vehicle where a user could not find a satifactory place to set it for viewing the GPS while driving. I hightly recommend this product. I just wish that Garmin would see fit to include it with units which need a vehicle mount. Having to buy the automotive mount as well as the friction mount is a pain after paying big bucks for the GPS unit.

I drive a company-supplied vehicle, so alterations to the dash are out-of-the question. As long as the cord is not interfering with gravity (run under the bean bag) this will hold up for all but the most extreme driving.



I don't drive like an old lady, but I don't really take into consideration G-forces when I am on the road. Unless you drive like an &^%hole this will probably stay put pretty well. For the record, I drive a 2004 Ford Freestar (a real babe magnet, let me tell you.) and live in a pretty hilly twisty suburb of Philadelphia. The only time this thing fell off the dash was when I ran the wire to the power adapter underneath the bean bag.

I bought a Nuvi 660 and within a few weeks the suction mount stopped working. I think the cold weather makes the rubber suction cup too brittle to hold.



When you have $800 invested in a device the last thing you need is to have it falling off the windshield and bouncing to the floorboards!



I bought the friction mount and it works like a charm. I drive a mini-cooper and the friction mount stays put even around sharp turns. The only other option out there is to buy a glue mount and attach it to your dash. I have no desire to glue anything to the dash of my car!



As other reviewers mentioned this is great for moving from vehicle to vehicle. One warning you will need to buy the Garmin 010-10823-02 Automotive Mount to use this with your Nuvi.

I have a Garmin Nuvi GPS, and wanted a friction mount to make it easier to move from one car to another. This is NOT a usable part. I had even checked the Garmin site before buying to confirm the part number. After the mount arrived, and it was obvious that nothing in the Nuvi system mounting set would match it. Amazon provided the return authorization and credited my account promptly. I did go back to the Amazon listings before writing this, and found that they now list and stock 010-10908-00 which appears to be the correct part for use with the Nuvi series.

If u want to use your GPS on different cars, u should buy Garmin Portable Friction Mount for Nuvi and StreetPilot C Series (010-10908-00) instead. Garmin doesn't show this information on their website, Garmin just tries to confuse the users, so that users would end up buying both Garmin Automotive Mount for Nuvi (010-10723-04) & Garmin Portable Friction Mount for Garmin GPS Units (010-10306-00), while 010-10908-00 alone could serve the same purpose.

This is perfect for portability. I don't have any problem with it staying in place when turning. I use it on my boat and cars. It will sit on the console, as well as the dash, if you have about 8 Sq. in. of space. You do have to buy the Automotive Mounting Bracket that actually holds the GPS unit and slides into this Portable Friction Mount.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! This does NOT include the mounting arm for your particular GPS unit. You MUST purchase the automotive mounting bracket with arm that matches your GPS-even though the product discription says it will work with "x" GPS! - Garmin - Dashboard Mount - Friction Mount - Gps'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information