Sunday 27 June 2010

Bicycle Accessories - bike accessories, bicycle accessories


If you've ever spent any time on bike paths, you know that getting the attention of pedestrians is somewhat of a difficulty, especially when they're engaged in conversation, and walking four abreast so that you cannot pass them. For some reason shouting "Excuse me!" rarely works. Bells and horns are a little over the top. Spoke beads are the answer! I know, they look a little goofy on a $700 adult-owned bicycle BUT they make no noise at speed. At 3mph and slower they slide around on the spokes and make a very strange clanking noise, and it makes people turn around to see what it is! Then they clue in and move out of your way. PRICELESS. I only wish they were reflective, or glowed in the dark, or did anything else for conspicuity. Sunlite Bicycle Spoke Beads, Set of 36

I bought these as a favor for my son's 5th birthday party. It was a bike safety theme that was very successful. The children had an opportunity to decorate their bike before their 'bike parade' to the cake. We had other wonderful events, and trophies, certificates, visit from a traffic cop, but I particularly like the spoke decorators as they were good quality, hard wearing, and bright, suitable for girls and boys. They were easy to put on, and take off, and very good value for money. They arrived promptly also, which was great.

I purchased these beads for my daughter's new 16" bike. We decided to go overboard on the accessories; they're just so fun. :)



These beads are a little larger than the picture led me to believe they would be (maybe twice the size I'd imagined), and overall, I think they'd be better suited to a slightly larger bike. They do still have range of movement, even on the spokes of small 16" wheels, though less than I'd expected they would have. They also make a pleasant little click as they slide to and fro, which I think will be entertaining and exciting for my daughter's first bike ride. That's what counts.



The colors are also quite different than what is pictured, much more in the neon range, with the yellow and orange being safety-vest neon, the green and pink being super-saturated bright versions of what is pictured, and the blue and purple being much darker than what is pictured. Because of this, they're further from matching her aqua cruiser-style bike than I'd initially imagined they'd be.



They go on easily, and we bought two packs, since they were inexpensive, so we'll have enough to go around, plus a few left over for my younger daughter's trike.



They are made in Taiwan, and I generally prefer things not made in China, but hadn't really expected otherwise at the price they are offered.



All told, I like them, but wasn't 'wowed' by them, hence the 4 stars.

You know you want to! I'm 23 and put these on my bike. They are great, enough for both wheels. The plastic wasn't completely punched on all of them, but no big deal, just slipped a screwdriver in and problem solved. :)

Great price - and arrived quickly. Beads can be a bit hard to snap on, I had to use a pair of pliers at times to press them onto the spokes. Wish there were another half dozen or so in the package as depending on the bike, not all spokes can have a bead - you will run out.

My daughters like them and they sure do "fancy up" their wheels!

Bought the spoke beads for a four year old next door to me after he found some that had been left in my tool box from when my kids were little. This little boy loves the beads. Buying these has started a trend as other neighbors now want them. Too bad, the beads are no longer available in the local stores. Thanks for making them available!

My daughter has had these for abou 5 months and LOVES them! They make just enough noise to be amusing, and add desired flair to her bike. She put them on herself with no trouble and they are super cute. - Bicycle Accessories - Bike Accessories - Noise - Cycling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cycling
  • ,
  • noise
  • ,
  • bicycle accessories
  • ,
  • bike accessories