Saturday 26 June 2010

Cleaning Brush - cleaning brush, cleaning kit


My dad and I both have Camelbak water bottles (with bite valves), and he has a Camelbak water backpack as well. My dad sometimes puts tea in his bottles, and I use Gatorade from time to time. After a while, we both started to see rings of mold on the inside of the valves for our water bottles. Nothing worked to clean them except leaving them in bleach, which we preferred not to do.



This cleaning set is what we needed. The smaller brush with a long neck can easily clean straws and the valve before mold would ever become and issue. The larger brush is great for the insides of the bottles, as well as the backpack.



If you have Camelbak bottles, this cleaning set will be a great investment to make sure they stay clean! Camelbak Cleaning Brush Kit

My 10 year old daughter and 6 year old son both have Camelbak Better Bottles. This cleaning brush set is an absolute necessity in order to properly clean certain parts of the bottle. While you could use a variety of brushes to clean the inside of the bottle, the large brush provided here makes it a quick process. The smaller brush is the main reason I bought this. It's the only thing I could find small enough to fit down into the straw and valve on the cap and really scrub them out. The brush part is attached to a long plastic hose which can be cut to size if you don't need the length. The only thing missing from this set is a brush sized to scrub out the inside of the bite valve. I use a bottle brush...the side used to clean a baby bottle nipple is the perfect size....but it would be nice if that were included in this set.



If you own a Camelbak Better Bottle, I completely recommend buying this cleaning brush set, even if it's just for the small brush. Yes, the parts are all dishwasher safe but a dishwasher can't get down into the straw and valve and scrub any lingering bacteria out like this skinny brush can.

I bought this set for the skinny brush as well. I was so happy that it's long and flexible, except it's not long enough to fit down the entire tube of the camelbak! I don't want to detach the tube from the reservoir because that loosens the seal of the tube, so there's still about 5 inches that aren't clean in my tube. Now I can see a distinct line between where the tube is clean, and where it is still dirty. I'm rather disappointed they wouldn't make the brush long enough!!! I also wish they would sell the skinny brush by itself.

Simply stated the brush is not long enough for the tube, making this product pretty much a waste. The other brush is good and does what is intended but... if you can't clean the mold/algae or whatever from the tube then its not clean.



I do not understand why they would design a product with such a blatant flaw, with that said, I would be more than happy to buy another one if I knew for sure it would be long enough (you hear that Camelbak people?!?)



Anyways, guess I'll try bleach and see if that cleans the tube.

I have a Camelbak hydration backpack. I use it for water or a sugar-free electrolyte drink. I usually just rinse the reservoir, let water run through the tube, and clean the bite valve with soap. (I've read that using soap on the reservoir & tube will leave a soapy flavor...ew.) But I know that occasionally a good scrubbing is necessary. This product is easy to use and fits my Camelbak perfectly! By getting this product BEFORE my Camelbak got gunked up with lots of mold, I'm hoping to avoid that altogether. After using the scrubbers I just washed them in the top rack of the dishwasher.

I love my Camlebak water bottle, but was concerned about cleaning out the small parts like the straw, bite valve and cap. The small wire brush is excellent at doing so.



I usually clean the straw cap and valve with the brush and some soap, and then put them into the dishwasher to rinse. I found that it is hard to remove the soap from the bite valve so it helps to let the dishwasher do that.



the bigger brush is also effective at cleaning inside the water bottle, but i never use it because i feel the dishwasher is effective at cleaning that on it's own.

The snake brush thing is great for cleaning the hose on bladders, and also for cleaning the stem and valve assembly on CamelBak bottles. The bigger brush is awesome for cleaning holds when bouldering, so it's multi-use!

I wish I knew this tool existed a year ago when I bought my first Camelbak bottle. The long, bendable, skinny round bruch is necessary to properly clean the mouthpiece. The large brush not necessary, however. - Bite Valve - Cleaning Kit - Cleaning Brush - Cycling'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information