Monday 28 June 2010

Digital Camera Battery - nikon, battery charger


Lithium-ion batteries last longer than AA batteries, but you will still need this accessory for recharging. I'd suggest buying at least one other battery to alternate. It will take 1.5-2 hours to recharge one battery fully. You can also buy an adapter for travel overseas. You don't want to be stuck in paradise without enough batteries and Lithium-ion batteries are not readily available everywhere. This recharger is less expensive than most. Nikon MH-61 Battery Charger for Coolpix 3700, 4200, 5200, and P Series Digital Cameras

This is a more convenient way to charge a Nikon camera battery than lugging around a cable to plug into the camera. Strangely, though, it doesn't include an integrated or foldable AC plug -- you still need a power cable.

I bought this because I needed a wall charger instead of the computer charger that came with my Nikon P100 camera. I expected (from the picture) that it had the flip out plug and would be very compact like others I have. But Nikon has chosen to use a detachable power cord instead, so you also have to lug around the wa-a-a-a-y long power cord with the charger. We travel alot, and space and weight are big considerations, so this was very disappointing to me. It would have, at least, been nice to know that this was the case when I ordered it, but none of the pictures or descriptions said anything about it having the separate power cord.



The upside is that it does work.

Don't understand why Nikon produced a charger that requires a long power cord be attached

to the charger. I purchased the charger thinking it had a folding a/c plug. The photos did not

show a power cord...only the charger pod itself. I have a Sony camera and it has a charger that

has the folding a/c plug. Can't understand why such simplicity wasn't duplicated by Nikon. But

the point being, advertising should have either shown or explained how the charger was designed.

I'm only disappointed with the design...not the charger..it works fine.

I enjoy a charger separate from the camera. This one works exactly as advertised. It is a good idea to have at least one spare battery to take full advantage of the charger. One battery can be charging while the other is in use. - Photography - Battery Charger - Nikon - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information