Sunday 27 June 2010

Wireless Router - routers, usb port


Just bought this and it seems great so far. Easy to set up, runs cooler then some other routers.

The manual doesn't seem to have much advance info.

Too bad none of my wireless adapters support the 5 Ghz band the dual band adapters seem to be common with laptops though.

Update:

I went out and bought a pci dual band wireless adapter (Linksys WMP600N) with 2 external antennas

My computer is less then 30 feet away in another room from the router and I only get 1 bar in the 5Ghz band

Searched online and it seems that 5Ghz cannot pass through walls or other obstructions as well as the 2.4Ghz band Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)

By default this equipment is not setup to be a Hotspot (Access Point) which is expected. I found it really easy to call technical support and we converted this to an access point in about two clicks. This is the best wireless system I have had the experience of using. The manual does not go into this setting but it is my understanding that all new routers can work as an access point. This item is a must buy for any home network even if you are only needing another access point in your house. Do not forget to change the band. I have an app on my droid that tells me what other wireless routers are set to. I suggest choosing 7. The best way is to talk with tech support if you want to change this equipment to an access point. Their support staff is great.

I've been through all of it. I've tried Netgear, Linksys, and Belkin. I have had a lot of promblems finding a good, affordable router. I bought this because my netgear router quit. The netgear router was $80, and this retails less than that, so I wasn't looking for an upgrade. I just wanted to get another router, because my other one is dead. After seeing many positive reviews here on amazon.com, I decided to try this one out. I'm a computer genius, so I look at things from a beginner point of veiw when I review things. Setting this up is NOT hard at all. The router is automaticly configured, yes, seriously it is. It already has a password assigned to it, and it is on this handy card that you can slip in a holder under your router! Obviosly, I changed the password to fit my needs, but this is awesome if you've never owned a router before! I setup my router using the setup discs (some cool apps by the way) and it is so simple. There is only the power button on the router, I really like this. The router is small, but very powerful. The dualbands, are Okay, the same as my other router. I don't use them though since I'm not having any issues. The router range is the best! I can go anywhere on my propery and use the internet, unlike my other router where I was limited to my house. This was so easy to setup, and I have not had any issues! It feels great not having to deal with constant maitnence. Just buy it, you'll love it!

I used to have an old T-LINK router. Had it for about 3 years and it started to fail. I changed it to this Belkin and no problems at all. The software that comes with helps a lot and the dual band helps my Mac to avoid interference with other wireless stuff.

I am not an IT guy or someone that is all day on the computer. And this router was soooo easy to install and to set up. It just gave me a little trouble changing the network name and pass that came with the router. And that is because I didn't see it was on the page. I highly recommend this router. I am very happy and for the price there is nothing else better. - Routers - Belkin - Usb Port'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information