Friday 25 June 2010

Acupressure - acupressure, relaxation


A Swedish relative of mine recommended this to me a couple of years ago when I was complaining of sleeplessness, but it took me forever to actually get one. I got it back in December after Kathie Lee and Hoda did a thing on their show about the Halsa mat, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner, as I could have saved myself many sleepless nights!



First using it was a bit of a shock, I must admit. It hurt more than I thought it would, but after about six or seven (agonizing) minutes, I got this warm sensation all over and the pain was gone, replaced by sleepiness. Before using my Halsa mat, it would take me anywhere from 45 minutes (on a lucky day) to 3-4 hours to fall asleep. Now I lie on the mat for about 20 minutes per night and then go straight to bed!



Even my husband, a skeptic of all things different, is a convert after I managed to talk him into trying my mat when he got a muscle spasm in his back when sleeping. He could hardly move off the bed and onto the mat, but after ten minutes he was able to move again.



I can't say enough good things about my Halsa mat, and I keep telling people to get one! You never know when you'll need it (like my husband did). Oh, and this might be silly but I love the purple color!

I saw the Halsa Mat in a piece on the Early Show last week and ordered one the next day. I have assorted back problems - scoliosis, osteoarthritis, and degenerative disc disease - and chronic pain as a result. Several years ago when I was able to afford massage therapy, it was helpful in managing the pain. This mat looked like something that might work, and would cost less than weekly massages, so I decided to give it a try. It relieved some stubborn, annoying pain in my low back and left leg after the first ten minutes. I have only been using it for four days, but I'm sleeping better and am able to straighten up more easily when I get up in the mornings.



My suggestion to anyone who gets one is follow the instructions. I tried using it with my clothes on the first time and could barely feel the points. It's a little uncomfortable on bare skin, but you'll feel the results quicker.

I saw this product on the Early Show too, and ordered one to try it out. It works great! I was in a car accident that messed up my back, and even after surgery I still have a few bulging discs. One of them causes me to feel pain down my right leg almost 24/7. I also have had chronic back pain that caused sleep problems and difficulty performing my normal daily routine, exercise, and work. Using this mat has eliminated almost all my back pain, and I often only feel pain in my right leg now when I drive (holding down the pedals). This product is wonderful, so I bought one for my mom too, how has serious, debilitating back issues. I just gave it to her the other day, so I haven't heard back yet if it's helped her, but I'm hopeful it will reduce her need for pain killers. As for me, I haven't felt the need to take pain killers in a week now (and counting). I'm so glad I heard about this mat!! :D - Relaxation - Acupressure'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • relaxation
  • ,
  • acupressure