Thursday 24 June 2010

Dance Workout - yoga tart, leggings


I ordered the dance top in cream to wear when doing video ballet and stretching workouts. It's so cute, cozy and warm that I find myself wearing it even when I'm not working out. Two things that should be noted on this KD Dance top. First, the sizing runs somewhat small. I ordered a small (I'm 5'4", 105 lbs, AA cup) and the top is snug on me. If you want a looser fit, go up a size. Secondly, the top is folded up in such a way that you would swear it was a pair of leggings and not a top at all when you first open the package. I contacted customer service and informed them that the wrong item was shipped. I promptly received a response from a very pleasant, personable KD Dance rep, who told me that he would be happy to arrange an exchange for the correct item but to first double check the "leggings" and see if there wasn't a neckhole between what appeared to be the legs. It turned out to be the top and this is apparently a pretty common mistake. Overall, I quite like the top and plan to get another soon in a different color. Charcoal Sexy Sweater Ballet Neck Top by KD dance, Fashionable Pro Classic Knit Dancewear, Conservative To Burlesque Cocktail Top, Soft, Warm & Alluring, Made In New York USA Medium

I love this sweater. I bought it in pink and it is so soft and pretty. One reviewer said it seemed to be knit by angels, which sounds funny but when you get it you will know what she means! To be honest I thought the price was a little steep but it seems hand knit and delicate and worth the money. I wear a medium to large usually but based on KD dancewear sizing, I am an XL. I was skeptical at first thinking it might be too big but it was just right and not loose. If you are an XL normally, an XL would not even fit. This sweater runs small but has very long arms. I have long arms and have to push the wrists up a good amnt. But the sweater is sexy and chic. The pink is a bit sheer but I wore a black spahetti strap tank top underneath and it was really cute. I don't know if the sizing is listed here (it seems to be based mainly on your weight) but if you go to KD Dancewear's website, you can find the sizing. I ordered it off amazon because it was a few dollars cheaper here than on their website. Also, the girl in the picture has the bottom of the sweater all scrunched up to show off her abs. In reality, it doesn't fall like that. Lays like a regular sweater. But it is off the shoulders. Definitely feels like a dancer's sweater. Love it!

O.k., so this top is so lightweight yet snuggly warm, that it feels like it *must* have been knit by angels. If I ever get a chance to visit the KD factory, I will report back on that theory...Seriously, though, it has been cold here in Southeast Louisiana - much colder than usual - and our buildings are not insulated for this weather. I get so *tired* of wearing so many layers all day and feeling like one of those kids whose mom bundles her up before going out to play in the snow (thermal underwear? check! two pairs wool socks? check! flannel shirt? check! wool sweater? check! courderoys? check! extra puffy snowsuit, scarf, hat, and gloves? check!....ughhhhh....). SO, I was thrilled when I recently got this ballet top, because I can pair it with a lightweight scarf, be warm and comfy all day, and *still* feel sexy and chic. It feels like a small victory for this chica! The delicious, rich charcoal color and the sophisticated neckline make this garment as fit for a night on the town as it is for a session on the yoga mat or in the dance studio. The way this fabric moves with you without clinging, and provides warmth while still being breathable, really distinguishes it. And if you wear it to bed after wearing it out on the town, then you can be the most fashion-forward lady in all of dream land! C'mon gals, what are you waiting for?!

This sexy sweater is absolutely a must have and essential to any girl's wardrobe. This one is a more relaxed fit, just like the picture. This fits like a more comfortable, non-stretch and looser sweater. There's a cute detail on the wrist area and it's a nice touch to the simplicity of the sweater.



I give it 100 stars for warmth and comfort. I was shivering at work where they had the AC blasting. I tried this sweater over my shirt as soon as I got it in the mail. I felt warm and toasty immediately, even though its a loosely knit, sheer sweater. I was in KD Dance heaven. Maybe it was also because I was dancing around in excitement when I got my package!



The model is wearing it off shoulder, but I would prefer to wear it on my shoulder because its a more loose fit. It is quite versatile. I love how the model is also wearing it with the bottom tied up to show her fab abs and sexy belly button rings. You can also wear it untied on the bottom and that falls somewhere a few inches below your belly button. This sweater is a loosely-knit sweater so its on the see-through side. I would wear this over a spaghetti strap top with skinny jeans or over a tank dress. Dress it up or down with statement jewelry or stand out with a cute scarf and fedora for an ultimate chic look! All in all, this sweater is a little chameleon to suit all your different looks. Thanks for the awesome products and service. Keep up the GREAT work, KD DANCE!!!

This sweater is extremely well-crafted. It fits and feels like a second skin, keeps your body at a constant, comfortable temperature without restricting your movement. I will be ordering several more colors. Thank you for such an excellent product, K&D! - Yoga Tart - Dance Workout - Leggings - Dance'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information