Saturday 26 June 2010

Garmin Ac Charger - garmin, adapter


If you expecting to get a charger for Garmin GPS unit, forget it. You just got ripped. DO not buy this Chinese crap from anyone who claims that it can charge GPS unit. It will not. All you will get is crappie charger for cell phones an MP3 player with mini USB port. (Look at picture). I have a Garmin 255 and left it to charge overnight. After running a check up test on this unit battery charge was on a same level. (Just press and hold battery indicator on right corner for a few second and unit will run a check up test). Do not waist your money as I did. I wish someone will warn me here about this. We as a consumers need more protection against this kind of crappy products with false claims, which internet is full all over and sadly now here in Amazon as well. Home, Wall, Travel Charger AC Adapter for Garmin

I ordered this plug for my Garmin GPS unit and it doesn't work. My unit keeps cycling through questions about turning off. The unit constantly beeps and doesn't charge. I contacted the seller initially via email and they responded back with questions that I answered. I tried the unit again with the same result. I tried contacting the seller once again asking how we were going to rectify the problem and I have not gotten a response. In addition, it took 2 weeks before I got the product, and there was no invoice and no direct contact info. Beware!!!

This product was damaged upon receipt, it doesn't work (I found out just yesterday when attempting to charge my GPS before using) and if I didn't misplace the receipt I would sent it back and not purchase from this store again. Thumbs down!!!!

This product was a disappointment as it did not function as its title implied. When plugged in (to AC power and attached to my Garmin), the GPS turned on but did not recognize it as a power source for charging. The Garmin automatically powered down within about 15 seconds reverting to battery power.



Returning the product was not practical nor worth the expense involved - I simply chalked this one up to experience - and of course with no intention to use this manufacturer again.



Robert

This lightweight switching power supply / charger works perfectly with older and newer Nuvis. It lets you use the device while it is charging with no waiting. Very narrow, so the 110v side fits on crowded outlets. Very good unit, especially for the price. - Wall - Charger - Garmin - Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • adapter
  • ,
  • charger
  • ,
  • wall
  • ,
  • garmin