Sunday 27 June 2010

Single-handle Faucets - pull down faucets, kitchen sink faucets


I bought and installed this faucet a few weeks ago after considering the name brand options for a lot more and so far I must say I am very impressed. I completely disassembled the faucet to check it out before installation and was very pleased with the overall construction. This faucet is solid and heavy, no cheap plastic parts, and very easy to install, only install issue was the 1/2 flex hoses that come with the unit and I had a 3/8 shut off valve under the sink, this was easily resolved with 1/2 connectors and 1/2 to 3/8 flex hoses from my local Home Depot. The water pressure is very strong, much stronger than my old faucet with the valves fully opened and even though I have a 10" deep sink I will have to close the valves a bit to avoid getting the floor wet other than that very pleased. Bottom line is if you are in the market for or like this style faucet this is a great choice. Single Handle Pull Down Pre-rinse Spring Kitchen Faucet with Two Swivel Spouts, Chrome

This is an off-brand faucet, as evidenced by it's lack of illustrated packaging and reviews on the web, but I bought it because it was gorgeous and affordable. It arrived very well packed in a plain but sturdy cardboard box. And it is as gorgeous as the pictures imply.



The directions, however, are clearly written by someone who's first language is something other than English. It comes with only one sheet of paper and an obscure drawing on it. Perhaps a plumber would understand the drawing, but I don't. The directions also keep referring to the faucet as "the mixer". It would just be best if I quote the most important passage to illustrate for you the ridiculousness:



"(3) attentions:



Before proceeding the installation of the mixer it is necessary to clean the piping in way to eliminate eventual silts, moreover it is suggested to put the stop cocks with filter.



For keeping the beauty of the surface of the mixer for long time, p;ease don't use acid or abrasive detergents or abrasive, because they could damage definitively the surfaces.



For take away dirty please use water and soap or natural detergent, rise with water and dry with a soft cloth."





I have no idea what stop cocks are, or whether they are suggesting I clean the piping in my home or the piping that comes with the mixer, errr, um, faucet.



I will be installing it this weekend, so I'm hoping it will go smoothly, but I'm guessing it will not.

I did not expect much when I purchased this product because I have never heard of this brand before and it is at a discount price. When it arrived, I was so impressed with the build quality that even my plumber said it is a awesome product. The installation was quick and painless. My wife were so pleased because now we can have one sink with a fixed faucet and one with a flexible spray. The sprayer is effectively controlled by the lever and I feel I can save water by using this sprayer. No more wasteful running water. I need it to run, I squeeze the lever. I saw another reviewer point out about the instruction. I find it interesting because, the product is pretty self explanatory with a clear diagram of all parts. I could have just installed it myself but my plumber lives down the street and he has all the right tools.



Highly recommend it for a kitchen upgrade. - Pull Down Faucets - Kitchen Faucet Sink - Kitchen Sink Faucets - Pull Down Kitchen Faucet'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information