Friday 25 June 2010

Teaching Yoga - yoga block, yoga blocks


I like its solid feel of the bamboo material when using it, probably better than the cork and definitely better than the foam material. However, this is just my personal taste; it would be nice to have blocks made of different materials so that one can use different kind depending on circumstances like: for different poses, home uses, short distance travel and long distance travel.



It is nicely built and not that heavy, 2 lbs and 1 oz, from my actually weighing of one block. However, if the carrying weight is a concern, blocks made of lighter material would be a good alternative.



I bought two of these and they are the first blocks I own. I think that I had made the right choice, in comparison with the other materials and the brands, though it is more expensive than the others. Hugger Mugger Bamboo Yoga Block

This is a great yoga block. It's got a good weight to it and it more environmentally friendly than wood which uses more slow growing resources and foam, which will eventually end up in a landfill. I'm not a huge fan of cork as i don't like the way it feels in my hands, but that's just me. I'm happy with my purchase and am considering getting a second block.

Hi, I purchased the Hugger Mugger Bamboo Yoga Block for my wife. The shipment arrive early and the packaging was top notch. The quality of the block is very good. My wife loves the size and feel of the Bamboo vs the foam blocks which she owns as well. The block is smooth and chunky and allows for a great Yoga workout. The feel of the Bamboo is solid unlike the foam that has a little play. The price is not cheap but for a eco friendly Yoga prop it is well worth it. Great product !

I expected it to be a lot lighter than it actually is. Maybe it is just me not know bamboo well. Nevertheless this is a good prop to use in your practice. The edges are soft and won't pinch or hurt your back when you are doing supported back bends.

My block arrived cracked in two places. It was obvious that no one looked at it before it shipped. It's a nice block but it was very disappointing that it wasn't inspected before it shipped. I guess that comes with being a big business....less quality control.

I ordered these blocks without ever having tried them, thinking they would be good props for my yoga students to use for support, and easy to keep clean. Boy, was I right! I love these blocks. They are very sturdy feeling and give my students a sense of confidence when they are using them for support.

I suppose most people probably buy the Hugger Mugger Bamboo Yoga Block because it is an eco-friendly alternative to foam, cork, or wood. Personally, I really like the look and feel of it. I figure that if I am going to be purchasing something that I will be using for years on end, I ought to like how it looks!



The block is a nice size (9" x 4" x 6") and hollow, so it is very lightweight. - Bamboo - Yoga Blocks - Yoga Props - Yoga Block'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information