Saturday 27 November 2010

Best Book Light - kindle, best book light


I received one of these (the black version) a few days ago and my verdict is that I am likely to use it when reading books at night.



Brief overview:



- 2 super-bright LED's with lenses

- light has more blue and very little red, or yellow (think of a steady neon light)

- uses 3 (THREE) AAA batteries

- 40-hour battery life (claim is made on the package, not verified by me)

- power supply not provided

- relatively long, flexible arm

- can turn on 1 or 2 LED's

- solid build

- a bit heavy but had no problem using it with a paperback



I will definitely use this lamp when reading books at night. I doubt I will ever use it as a flashlight or a work light unless I had no other choice. Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Light - (Blue)

I own this product, but if you are looking for a Kindle light there is a better one available, the Mighty Bright TravelFlex LED Book Light. I like it a lot better for my Kindle 2.



Here is what I like about the TravelFlex:

-Thinner clip fits the Kindle better (it fits perfectly on the spine of the Amazon Kindle 2 cover)

-1 AAA battery instead of 3 makes it easier to use on the Kindle and easier to bring spare power if you think you might run out soon

-I only ever use 1 LED at a time with my Kindle

-Lighter weight keeps it from sliding around and making the Kindle feel out of balance (especially when reading in bed).



This is a great light, but for the reasons above I would recommend getting the Mighty Bright TravelFlex LED Book Light for a Kindle.

I have only two words for this book light:



LIFE SAVER



I can once again easily read. And I always have a comfortable light source, easily directed where I want it, no matter where I am sitting or lying. I'm so glad I bought this little light!



-Holly N.

I have been through multiple book lights over the last year. Either the light burns out, the neck will not hold shape, or worse, it doesn't light the page I'm reading, let alone both pages. Here comes Mighty Bright to the rescue! While flexible, the neck is still sturdy enough to stay where you put it! It doesn't fall over after you get it where you want it. It has 2 LED lights that are SUPER bright. When I read the reviews that only 1 of these lights are sufficient I didn't believe it. But it's TRUE! 1 light is like a spot light, AND it fully lights BOTH pages while you're reading. It's so bright, that I had to be sure to keep it away from my husband's sleeping face, or I'm afraid he'd think a plane was landing in our room. But at half the price of what I've been spending for book lights this year, this is the very best. An essential tool for a night reader and I couldn't be happier!

I've owned every book light ever made over the years but this is by FAR the best one I have ever had! Very easy to attatch, can reposition easily with the long flexible neck, and uses regualar batteries instead of those expensive specialty ones that are hard to find. I have not had to replace the batteries yet, and have been using this for a few months now. The light is very bright, and you can adjust to have one or two bulbs on, so np problem with adequate lighting. I LOVE this booklight and would very highly recommend it!

I bought a purple light with the adaptor. My main desire was to use it to read during my morning carpool commute to work. I loved this product so much that I bought three as gifts and am ready to buy one more.



There are three versions of this light offered for sale. One is just the light. One includes an adaptor. One includes batteries. The light does require 3 AAA batteries if the adaptor is not being used. I've found it available in blue, green, silver, black, purple and pink. There is also a Kindle version.



I have been using this light for over a month and am still using the same batteries. I have yet to use the adaptor. The batteries are more convenient for me. I had purchased rechargable batteries and a charge but haven't broken into them yet.



There are two lights on this product and three light settings. The left, right or both lights can be used. The neck is flexible so that it is easy to move to a position that actually sheds light on the entire page (if not two pages). It is bright. My husband still complains when I read in bed with it...however, it doesn't bother my carpool driver.



The clip is large and will easily attach to hardcovers. I usually clip it to the top of the pages that I've already read. When reading mass market paperbacks, I try to clip it to as large of a hunk of pages as possible because I don't like the light to move around.



A very useful product. Make sure to buy only what you need. As I did pay extra for an adaptor and just don't use it at all.

TWO years ago, I bought these book lights for each my sons as stocking stuffers (ages 6, 9, and 11 at the time). I got them in blue, black, and silver. I'm not exaggerating when I say all 3 boys have used theirs almost daily for the last 2 years. They're extremely durable and batteries hold up really well in them. They each have them clipped next to their beds, but they've also taken them on trips and used them in the car many times. - Reading Light - Best Book Light - Kindle Accessory - Kindle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information