Tuesday 30 November 2010

Headphone Splitter - headphones, y cable


I've used this splitter with a portable DVD player, and have been satisfied. There's not much to be said about the product. It works. You can easily adjust the volume, even in the dark.



If you ever buy a splitter, make sure that you buy one with adjustable volume. No two people will want the volume adjusted exactly the same when using headphones! Griffin SmartShare Headphone Splitter with Individual Volume Control

I don't know what Baltimore MW's problem is with this product. It met my expectations. It lets me plug two sets of ear plugs into my ipod. It is not too bulky, the volume control is a very nice feature, and I have not found it slide out of the plug. My wife and I plan to take it on a long plane ride and I believe it will let us listen to music in peace while letting me not have to listen to music at her volume (and she won't have to listen at my volume).

We bought this item for a family vacation. One of the kids has a video iPod and we wanted the kids to be able to both listen to the music during our car trip to Florida. The headphone splitter worked great, both kids were able to adjust the volume of the music independently, however the headphone splitter came apart soon after I gave it to them (within the first day). Keep in mind that I have two daughters and they were sitting right next to each other (I have a Honda Pilot, so it's not a HUGE space in the backseat). Both are pretty calm kids, so there was no roughhousing going on, I just think the weld was weak on the splitter.

I bought this splitter in hopes of being able to share my MP3 player with my husband when we were out and about. We are both in our early 40s, and neither of us has hearing problems, but we do tend to like our music at different volumes, so this sounded like a win to me.



I did read some reviews, but didn't get down far enough to see that other people were having the same problem I've had ... which is that "volume control" is laughable. The range of control is VERY narrow, and I can't actually discern a difference in volume level; the only difference is that the sound quality gets a little fuzzier at one end of the slide than the other. If you were hoping and expecting, as I was, that you could actually count on hearing your music at a different volume than your "partner," DON'T.



Sound quality seemed middling to me, and was slightly different between the two ports, strangely. I paid $4.00, but then the same amount again for shipping, and would rather have spent the money to see a movie. :-(

The splitter was helpful because it also doubled up as volume control for the individual connections. However, the volume control button is not very effective as it provides only a small range of control. Sometimes, you end up using the control on the audio device itself.

The Griffin Smartshare Headphone Splitter is a great product. My wife and I can, and do, watch movies together on my IBM laptop without disturbing the rest of the family. The dual volume controls is a great feature allowing total enjoyment at personal volume levels.

I got this thing so I could split the audio out from my MacBook when watching DVDs. My viewing companion and I each plug in our headphones to each end of the split consoles, each get good crisp sound, and each get to control the volume that comes through the wire. Only complaint would be to maybe have the sound control bar a little longer/broader to effect a broader volume control. But it's a minor quibble with an affordable smart product that performs a simple task ably.

Great for keeping two kids from beating each other down. Sliders for volume control a little loose and can be moved easily, but good level control. Do not leave this plugged into a laptop and move around. The pin with bend out of the body fairly easy. It still works, but the pin is at an angle. This is my fault, but the mold around the pin could be stronger.

just as the title describes! I purchased this for a road trip that has yet to take place, but I test drove it the second I got it out of the package. It does what it is supposed to, doesn't do what it isn't supposed to, and cost under ten dollars. I am satisifed with my purchase.

This item does the job it's supposed to do. The individual volume controls sounded as if they'd be handy but are sort of difficult to adjust - it's best to have the volume up all the way on the laptop, ipod, etc then each person can use their own volume adjustor to more accurately find a comfortable listening volume. - Audio Splitter - Headphones - Y Cable - 2009 Amazon Frustration-fre'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information